ManaPlus features

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: ManaPlus features

Post by Crush »

When the user has to consult documentation to understand or even notice a feature, the user interface has failed.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
krazilec
Newly Registered User

Post by krazilec »

Hi,

A nice thing would be a small improvement of the priority attack list feature allowing you to set the same level of priority for 2 (or more) different types of mobs (you would then target the closest mob of any of the two types if present). A priority attack list would then schematically looks like this for example:

Priority | Mob type
----------------------
1 | A
2 | B / C

Fortunato
Novice
Novice

Post by Fortunato »

o11c wrote:
Dyna wrote:Oh also! The storage dialog box itself...could you make the first option be to open storage instead of the bank deposit option? Most of us talk to that NPC to store things not gold.
Done.
Since you are on it: How about putting Arkim's dialog options in a different order? When doing the daily quest I regularly find myself warped outside the cave. especially when the dialogue lags a little and I hit space at the wrong time.

Something like this:
===================================
Do you wanna get outside again?
--------------------------------------------------------
1. What was that deal you were offering? (->I have what you want)
2. Yes
3. Not yet
===================================
Kandiman
Novice
Novice

Post by Kandiman »

I've noticed over the years a number of threads concerning players not knowing how to contact GM's if there is an issue. Could a UI element be added that would allow use of the @wgm command without having to know the command itself?
The only stupid question is the one you don't ask.
willee
Peon
Peon

Post by willee »

priority list range in tiles (probably yet another yellow bar setting)
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

willee wrote:(probably yet another yellow bar setting)
ManaPlus is complicated enough as it is now... Adding a new bar again would be more disturbing than helpful, imho.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

I'd like to have a small icon indicating wether sound in on or off in the game
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Slimor
Peon
Peon

Post by Slimor »

Nard wrote:I'd like to have a small icon indicating wether sound in on or off in the game
not only an icon, a button to easily switch on/off would be great
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Slimor wrote:
Nard wrote:I'd like to have a small icon indicating wether sound in on or off in the game
not only an icon, a button to easily switch on/off would be great
There is already a shortcut for it: numeric pad [3] by default :)
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
v0id
Novice
Novice

Post by v0id »

A weather forecast widget.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

cody wrote:I would like to suggest that ManaPlus uses the TMW emotes. The problem exists with the 28 emotes that had been added 15 month ago:
  • ManaPlus ignores the client data and therefore also ignores when another player shows one of these 28 emotes.
  • ManaPlus has the same quantity of emotes, almost all of them look identical to those in the client data, but they have different ids. Non-evol clients have no idea what those ids mean, thus they can't show them.
Players don't know that their emotes might not be seen by other players. That is really bad for communication in game. There are good reasons why the emotes are part of the client data: They should be the same for everyone and they should be under the control of our artists.
Cody, the emotes subject is delicate. We deeply talked about that on IRC and we came to the conclusion that emotes should be only in the client repository. This can simply be explained by the fact that you can have different emotes depending on the theme you're using. In other words, all servers should remove their emotes and ManaPlus developers should start working on new emotes for all of the themes. Maybe some can be default, for example the current ones.
Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

cody wrote: Players don't know that their emotes might not be seen by other players. That is really bad for communication in game. There are good reasons why the emotes are part of the client data: They should be the same for everyone and they should be under the control of our artists.
ManaPlus players see all emotes from any clients.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Alige wrote:Cody, the emotes subject is delicate. We deeply talked about that on IRC and we came to the conclusion that emotes should be only in the client repository. This can simply be explained by the fact that you can have different emotes depending on the theme you're using. In other words, all servers should remove their emotes and ManaPlus developers should start working on new emotes for all of the themes. Maybe some can be default, for example the current ones.
This is news to me, and frankly doesn't make sense.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

cody wrote:
4144 wrote:ManaPlus players see all emotes from any clients.
That is wrong. The first 14 emotes from Mana can be seen by ManaPlus players, but the other 28 emotes are not shown.
you checked it?
it should work. atleast it was before, now dont want run other clients for checking.
Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

cody wrote:Of course I checked it. If you think I would say something like this without checking, then you must mistake me for someone else.
Thanks for info, was wrong file name in updates after some refactoring. now manaplus can see other clients emotes again.