Recording program

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Recording program

Post by Cassy »

I'd like to record a few scenes of TMW, but don't know which program to use.
It should be a free software.

I used Camstudio a few years ago when I played another game, but it seems that the installation is buggy.
I didn't like Hypercam because of this annoying line in the corner saying "Unregistered Hypercam 2".

Any good suggestions? ♡
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Recording program

Post by Frost »

At least on a Mac, this is a feature of the free Quicktime Player. It saves your entire screen as a MOV.
Run Quicktime Player, then go to the File menu and choose "New Screen Recording" or press ^⌘N
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
Fortunato
Novice
Novice

Post by Fortunato »

If you're using Ubuntu, here's an overview http://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/Screencasts

Linux Mint has a mini app for that called "ScreenShot+Record Desktop".

Does that help?
ItchyDemon
Newly Registered User

Post by ItchyDemon »

One I've heard of is called recordmydesktop. I haven't used it personally, however I do know it's a command line utility with GUI's available.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

I should have mentioned that I'm on Windows, my bad.

Anyway MadCamel suggested ManyCam on IRC and so far it's been a good choice.
Just had to uninstal a weird security program that was automatically installed together with ManyCam (no other choice).

Thanks for your suggestions everyone :alt-3:
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy