when will a friends list b created,and party system?????????

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Antidisistablishment?
Peon
Peon

when will a friends list b created,and party system?????????

Post by Antidisistablishment? »

when will a friends list be created or a party system because i cant live without it so please can you tell me when TMW will have one i am playing v19 and yeah my name on it is Sanjiz.

P.S: Can u PM?in TMW?
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A LAME KISS A LAMA SHOOT A LAMA LAMA LAMA LAMA LAMA LAMA DUCK!
knivey
Novice
Novice

Post by knivey »

A Buddy list is being developed but its not finished yet. Sooooo when its finished..
All your base are belong to us.
Antidisistablishment?
Peon
Peon

But when exsactly?

Post by Antidisistablishment? »

when will it be out i need to know plz .

P.S:when will armour be visable? :x
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A LAME KISS A LAMA SHOOT A LAMA LAMA LAMA LAMA LAMA LAMA DUCK!
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

visible equipment is planned for the next version. but at the moment no programmer has implemented anything yet in that direction. there aren't any complete spritesets from the artists either. considering the quite weak activity of most devs lately (the most important people are currently all busy with more important things in their life) it may take some months until you first see armor ingame.

i wouldn't expect a buddy list, private chat channels or party feature that soon either. not before the new server software is running.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Tenche
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tenche »

Your really annoying as hell...
knivey
Novice
Novice

Post by knivey »

Tenche wrote:Your really annoying as hell...
I second that. It is very hard to tell the exact date of when any feature will be completed. This is an open source project thats in beta and free for you to try out you are not paying for it. There is no reason you would NEED to know when a feature will be completed. Perhaps worst of all you didn't even attempt to use good grammer in your post!!!!

I'm not trying to be mean and scare you away, if you know how to program you are free to submit patches and contribute to the project but you shouldn't demand things.
Tenche
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tenche »

no trust me... we want to scare him away

l :twisted:
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

Tenche wrote:no trust me... we want to scare him away

l :twisted:

No way.He's giving us a reason to create things to shut him up. ;)
Really.He's not that bad.I'll take that kind of person any day instead of all the smartarses and wisecracks that shows up from time to time.

At least he's got spirit and seems exhilarated by the game.
"I'm selfdestructive baby
But a friendly one" - Spiritual Beggars.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

knivey wrote:This is an open source project thats in beta and free for you to try out you are not paying for it.
Wrong... we are in pre-alpha.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
knivey
Novice
Novice

Post by knivey »

Well it seemed good enough to be beta :D
Ultim
Novice
Novice

Post by Ultim »

If you hate this guy, you'll hate most of the other players too. Realistically, he represents about 50% of the players of the game. Most people who play mmorpgs are like that... ya just have to get used to them.

Per Urban Dictionary, "A beta version of a program, game etc... is an unfinished version released to either the public a select few or whoever signs up to beta test it for bugs or glitches."
Per GameDev.net, "The second stage of testing where software is given to a group of users to test it in a real world environment. Software is usually functionally complete by this point and the goal is to work out the glitches."
Per Dictionary.com, "Mostly working, but still under test..."
So if you made the mistake of thinking TMW is in beta, you're not crazy.

Some other cool history on the whole alpha/beta thing comes from Dictionary.com:
More formally, to beta-test is to test a
pre-release (potentially unreliable) version of a piece of software
by making it available to selected (or self-selected) customers and
users. This term derives from early 1960s terminology for product
cycle checkpoints, first used at IBM but later standard throughout
the industry. `Alpha Test' was the unit, module, or component test
phase; `Beta Test' was initial system test. These themselves came
from earlier A- and B-tests for hardware. The A-test was a
feasibility and manufacturability evaluation done before any
commitment to design and development. The B-test was a
demonstration that the engineering model functioned as specified.
The C-test (corresponding to today's beta) was the B-test performed
on early samples of the production design, and the D test was the C
test repeated after the model had been in production a while.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Ultim wrote:If you hate this guy, you'll hate most of the other players too. Realistically, he represents about 50% of the players of the game. Most people who play mmorpgs are like that... ya just have to get used to them.
I suppose you thing 'we' hate this guy/gal after you read Tenche's post. I don't think he's a developer so he definatly doesn't have to represent the team's general opinion.

I don't hate this person. I just think he/she is just a bit annoying, because I already am getting used to this kind of people.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Ultim
Novice
Novice

Post by Ultim »

Most players don't differentiate between team members and celebrity members... both are just really popular players to them. And please don't allow for the actual team to all have a unified opinion. It's so overbearing to the staff and really takes away from the game's social atmosphere any way you look at it.
haggard
Novice
Novice

Post by haggard »

....uh hmmm bastardization