training area

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

knivey
Novice
Novice

training area

Post by knivey »

When I go to kill monsters to level up sometimes there are other players around killing too and I don't like to share kills :evil: so I was thinking it would be kinda kool to have like a training area where its the same map for everyone but you are the only one there like every client has their own version of it. Probably not possible with the eAthena server but you might be able to put it in the new one :D. I hope I explained this good enough.
All your base are belong to us.
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

We already have the bat cave.It works fine except for the "campers".
Or bots. ;)

I dont think we need "instances", there arent that many players yet.
But it sure is a good idea for a later patch when more are enjoying TMW. :)
"I'm selfdestructive baby
But a friendly one" - Spiritual Beggars.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

And whats the point of playing a multiplayer online rpg all by yourself? when you don't like company while playing you should play a single player RPG.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Crush wrote:And whats the point of playing a multiplayer online rpg all by yourself? when you don't like company while playing you should play a single player RPG.
Sometimes people/parties/guilds want a moment for theirselves.
Besides I think it's the best way to deal with certain public transports, boss rooms and solo quests.

We discussed this earlier.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Modanung wrote:Sometimes people/parties/guilds want a moment for theirselves.
Yeah that's why we need a uber-huge world, So people can easily find places not so much frequented.
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

ElvenProgrammer wrote:
Modanung wrote:Sometimes people/parties/guilds want a moment for theirselves.
Yeah that's why we need a uber-huge world, So people can easily find places not so much frequented.

Yes yes YES!
If you ask me what the answer is to every question about how a RPG should be then I'll say, more of everything. :D
"I'm selfdestructive baby
But a friendly one" - Spiritual Beggars.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

I say no to "training areas" in the beginning of the game. They usually feel way too artificial.
This message used to be meaningful.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Rotonen wrote:I say no to "training areas" in the beginning of the game. They usually feel way too artificial.
I agree on that one.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
haggard
Novice
Novice

Post by haggard »

F that i enjoy the idea of training areas like knivey said its annoyin when other people wait around until you have hit a monster numerous amounts of time and then sneak in for the kill.....unless PvP comes soon i vote for training areas
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

haggard wrote:F that i enjoy the idea of training areas like knivey said its annoyin when other people wait around until you have hit a monster numerous amounts of time and then sneak in for the kill.....unless PvP comes soon i vote for training areas
We're going to have an exp system that doesn't make doing just the final hit an advantage. So that's no reason to have training areas.
haggard
Novice
Novice

Post by haggard »

oh that makes sense