Updating Developer Entry wiki

Web discussions, including project website, forums, wiki, and others.

tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Updating Developer Entry wiki

Post by tux9th »

Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Updating Developer Entry wiki

Post by Alige »

Good work, however you forgot to deal with the different colors for each line, in this page.
To correctly see the different developers in this page, you must use "dev1" and "dev2" one after the other, when editing the page.
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

Thanks for reminding me.
Yes of course. I haven't done those because I wasn't sure if I'm going to add / edit something or not.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Why is Platyna not listed as a contributor? You should correct that.

TMW Team member

tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

thanks,
edited.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Alige wrote:To correctly see the different developers in this page, you must use "dev1" and "dev2" one after the other, when editing the page.
Can we please drop the tiger-stripe design and use a grid? As spiffy as it looks, it just makes the page hard to edit.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

Since no one brought forth anymore feedback I edited it and deleted my user pages
if you still feel there are some thing incorrect please change them on the wiki or discuss here or on the wiki discussion page.

regards
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

We're currently having some discussions about this topic again.
The wiki didn't mention some contributors, devs and GMs.
Please help us to find more people missing in one of these lists:
We experienced again that people feel hurt by not being at least mentioned there for the work they did and this is of course very reasonable :D

Well in today's case it was that the list of active developers once got updated without adding the devs that became inactive to the contributors list.
-> It wasn't on purpose :D

Thanks!
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Cassy wrote:We're currently having some discussions about this topic again.
The wiki didn't mention some contributors, devs and GMs.
Please help us to find more people missing in one of these lists:
We experienced again that people feel hurt by not being at least mentioned there for the work they did and this is of course very reasonable :D

Well in today's case it was that the list of active developers once got updated without adding the devs that became inactive to the contributors list.
-> It wasn't on purpose :D

Thanks!
I couldnt see: Frost, cody, Reid, Enchilado, Len, Lizandra, lien ... testers such as Kanezawa...
Also Korcha if his art is used someday. GM list seems correct. Platyna also contributed wit scripting, programming, and art (terranite helmet?)
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Nard what did Korcha do for art or content? I don't see anything on the forums attributed to them.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

On a related note:

We are currently working towards clearing attribution. Prior devs never made a file or if they did someone deleted it or a number of other incidents happened.
That all in the past now. Going forward TMW needs to have attribution to even be considered a valid project artists will work for.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FqV ... oBLMu-Y1Z4
Is currently the shared working document. Please PM Wushin or Salmondine with changes or inaccuracies.

Currently all art is accepted under GPLv2+ or cc-sa-3, dual is preferred. These are to protect the artist as well as the projects media assets.
If you submitted art previously we ask you if you could agree to make it a dual license, Gplv2+ and cc-sa-3.

In the spirit there is no difference in the license it's just what the intended medium was, Gpl was designed for code and CC for media.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

wushin wrote:Nard what did Korcha do for art or content? I don't see anything on the forums attributed to them.
viewtopic.php?p=133210#p133210 for example.
Here's a possible use:
I colorized it for the forge, var retouched it.

There are other posts by him saying his intentions to contribute (client dialogs...). However, nothing from him was released, and he seem to have been away for a reason I ignore.

Korcha is: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1733
edit
Imo, he published enough stuff in this forum to deserve to be called a contributor. Many did less.
Last edited by Nard on 21 Feb 2014, 15:19, edited 1 time in total.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Yeah, no. No more custom sprites that can be player base + an action. So not on my watch.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

No matter Jenalya informed me they have already contributed.
https://github.com/themanaworld/tmwa-cl ... 53a235bb5c