In my opinion....

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
Nard
Knight
Knight

In my opinion....

Post by Nard »

Hello Reader;

It seems that I made some persons mad at me because of my most recent posts, especially:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18084
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18072

I thought I had been clear enough though:
Nard wrote: I received the following mail:
I post it as is, because I do think Platyna's ban is unfair.
I should have also said "after this discussion:"
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18068
Nard wrote:This is NOT my opinion:
There should be more choices. And the problem is not who administrates TMW but how it is administrated.
Also the project has many faces, with different problems: Server and development, Client and development, content development, Game, website and wiki; Server Machine and maintainance.
Now, generally speaking: The opinion I express is, except mentioned otherwise, my own one and, in no way, the opinion of the Crew of Red Corsair which would be first published on it's forum at crc.themanaworld.org. In CRC, everyone is allowed to have a personal opinion and to express it, except when with insults, which will result in a ban after a first warning.

About me, now:
I my attitude is governed with my conception of fairness and I use to defend everyone who is treated unfairly whatever the opinion I can have about them. I can also say unpleasant things to people whom I may appreciate for their other sides. I usually begin with pm for that. In my opinion, telling what you really think to a friend is among the best mark of respect and estime, I would not waste my time for people or something I despise (Yes o11c, I don't despise you!).
When I speak about this project as a player, do not see anything else than a player' opinion.
I can also speak as a person with some experience, not only knowledge, but also as project member or leader (scientific research, band and association leader, trade-union team member... I am sorry to be old, but it also has advantages). The responsibles of this project, whatever the server have to realize that as soon as they have their names with a different color, they are no more seen as ordinary players or forum contributors, but also as "leaders" even if they don't feel different. I am conscious that this applies to me as guild leader; hence this post.
In my opinion, a leading group cannot impose rules that it's members do not follow, for example:
A GM or even committee member cannot bot, an administrator cannot insult, a developer can fight for his opinions, but must follow the groups decisions, a forum moderator cannot favour an opinion, a wiki contributor cannot express his own opinion inside the wiki itself but in discussion pages ...
I also totally agree with wushin that the "leading group" has to show some solidarity and cooperation. I do support him for it:
THANK YOU wushin (is it loud enough?)
wushin wrote: TMW Governance
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooperative
Why we pick anything other than a Co-operative operating style baffles me.
As a Content Dev I'm kinda amazed at how I feel into it. We elect Gms but not the Devs. Lead Positions would need to be filled so I'd say anyone could run for a position and we could let the population vote based on X,Y,Z criteria. Making sure each candidate understands it's a year long commitment and a new election can occur if they abdicate the position.

and the Road goes on and on...
Fix these things and we will have an awesome game. Until then, I'll bump this when we are back at this point again. Where adding new content only increases the number of problems we have later.
As I've said this all before.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17834
and: viewtopic.php?p=141613#p141613 (sorry, too long to quote)
This solidarity has limits, and I also agree with WildX in this post:
.:WildX:. wrote:
Crush wrote:
.:WildX:. wrote:It's the same problem. What's the point of having a constitution if it's being ignored? What is needed it a REAL constitution that works.
So you suggest that when a constitution is violated (or it is suspected that a constitution is violated - that's still open for debate), your solution is to trash the constitution and create a new one?
No, I suggest to uphold the constitution. Trash those who refuse to follow it.
When speaking about this project, I do not support anyone because who she/is, but because what he officially does. For this reason I have been (and still am) a Frost and Jenalya supporter, even if I can have expressed different opinions than theirs.
I disagree with some of recent or past Platyna's posts, but on some points she is right. I am angry that many lies or wrong posts (ignorance?) have been made on this topic.
I have been asked by crush if I "wanted" my wiki admin role back, I don't want anything: no privilege, no quotation, no thanks, but no insults too. I can accept to help though. I have been asked by wushin and Chay to come back to wiki at least (i don't know which role btw). If I am consistent with myself, I must cooperate and show solidarity with all leading group and am ok with that. I am unable to do so with people who do not show any will of reciprocity; if I am unable to do it, I am out. At least 2 members of the actual committee are the causes of all this mess and will never change... I sincerely hope to be wrong. Just as me, they don't need any kind of title to contribute if their goal is really to improve TMW.

At least 10 times the number of actual developers/contributors have contributed to this project. 9/10 left. Seek in this forum to know about them. Check the forks and alternate servers and ask people why they made them. The worm was in the fruit when I joined the game in 2010. did the "team" changes do something about it? did the server changes do something about it? I don't think so. Then, I am led to seek for the common denominator(s)... Make your opinion after the facts and by speaking with people, not after mine or any other one .

I like this project. I'll contribute where I am able to do it quietly, or stop if I can't, but don't ask me to shut my mouth. If this is not clear enough for you reader; feel free to post here or pm me, You are welcome and I'll reply, as long as you don't insult me or anyone else.

btw "the drama world" didn't make me laugh at all, I was not responsible of such a bad "joke", only someone with server access could do it. Thanks to him for the nice atmosphere! :roll:

yours faithfully;

Nard
Last edited by Nard on 26 Feb 2014, 22:01, edited 1 time in total.
Speiros02
Novice
Novice

Re: In my opinion....

Post by Speiros02 »

Nard, you're a good person mate. It's nice of you to feel you need to express this.

If you need help with wiki, let me know. I at least know I can do THAT bit without any computer glitches at present. And there's no "sorry" to being old. It's an experience that only the experienced get to enjoy.

A name is to be chosen rather than abundant riches...Solomon's words (Pr.22:1)

[url=http://speirosmusic.tumblr.com]Speiros' music page[/url]

A.K.A "Speiros"...(not being smart...this name is speiros)

Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Speiros, I never stopped to help people who needed a hand with wiki, but privately. I just stopped to be admin and to contribute when a friendly contributor posted a link to ignore me.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
iceslice
Warrior
Warrior

Post by iceslice »

Nard wrote:...
I like this project. I'll contribute where I am able to do it quietly, or stop if I can't, but don't ask me to shut my mouth. If this is not clear enough for you reader; feel free to post here or pm me, You are welcome and I'll reply, as long as you don't insult me or anyone else.

yours faithfully;

Nard
+1
Lets Chase MDGs...

ManaPortable (Vanilla Mana + ManaPlus) -- run 'em portably

http://manaportable.1sourceplus.com
http://manamac.1sourceplus.com
Game Server >> jadu.1sourceplus.org , jadu.1sourceplus.com