Anarchistic Fork Idea

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Anarchistic Fork Idea

Post by Wombat »

I've received an offer for server space from an anarchist source and I know there are many anarchists or anarchist leaning individuals involved in playing and developing. What I'm interested in is discussion on the possibility of a small storyline fork using no original art or source (using all tmw, running on manaplus all available features) that uses anarchistic themes. I was thinking a dystopian fantasy world, similar to the one used in the original final fantasy tactics. Those that remember know that anarchists were featured in this game as at first the opposition, but then later confirmed as correct in rebelling against the forces of evil or whatever.

The game would have only one release and bug fixes after that. The amount of gameplay time is a factor to discuss, as well as MMORPG potential with the storyline. The game itself need not be specifically anarchist, but having a market audience of anarchists using anarchist media to promote it is possible if this fork can be made appealing. It would join the family of games that are playable on ManaPlus, adding potential for TMW, Evol and other similar games to get more attention as well.
Current character is "Abolish".