Stupid rules

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
yourmistakes
Knight
Knight

Re: Stupid rules

Post by yourmistakes »

I'm sure it's not botting when sugar makes her char attack jacko and then walks away for 10 minutes either. Someone who does that and then has the audacity to use another character during the downtime is a botter though.

Whatever.
Enga
Peon
Peon

Post by Enga »

power to the people!
let it happen, dont overrule! :-)
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

_Speiros_ wrote:The rule for having two accounts open at the same time though would be an annoying inconvenience, in that I use some of my clients as storage, ....
This game inherited many things from it's ancester: Ragnarok. But Ragnarok is a commercial game; and as all commercial games limits are designed in such way that the player wants to suscribe. Storage dimension is one of those limits. As it is impossible to store 1 of each released item and better several to make money, item collectors will need several chars first, then several accounts to be able to satisfy their addiction. An other characteristic of those games is the big numbers of items required to complete the quests and the low frate of levelling. Both have as main consequence to incitate to botting, multiboxing (exp sharing), mob and item "stealing", when not scamming... we saw all of them here. The smallest levels are designed to be easy in order to make the player somewhat addict to the game. In a free game, addiction should come from content and tactics rather than from exponential (or quadratic) curves. Number of players is also a critical point: If there was enough players, so that everyone could share exp in a party or be helped by higher level players, there would be no multiboxing. Until it is the case, I will be favorable to bi-boxing when no other player is around (not only a GM :wink:). As T3st3r and Chay (and longtime ago, myself) pointed it out, most of us have two hands and computers able to do the job.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Dyna
Novice
Novice

Post by Dyna »

And this is one of the reasons I have chosen not to be around much...too much confusion and open ended arguments that end with people being angry.

I don't see why using two clients while you are clearly being active is a problem. The no AFK/botting rule was made for people who leave their X key pushed down or use capslock and walk away from the computer. An active player shouldn't be punished for trying to take advantage of an ingame benefit if they don't want to be bothered dealing with the rest of the community. I always hated back when the old Devs implemented the random XP gains and getting more XP for grouping. It promoted the horrible box clients of someone running around with 20 characters.

It should be simple...you answer the GM in the allotted time or you get banned. It's pretty clear when there is a person behind the screen. The GM shouldn't be taking the rules and bending them to their own personal view points.
Wishing things were different...hoping for better now.
DefinitelyNOTMrWho
Novice
Novice

Post by DefinitelyNOTMrWho »

Dyna wrote:And this is one of the reasons I have chosen not to be around much...too much confusion and open ended arguments that end with people being angry.

I don't see why using two clients while you are clearly being active is a problem. The no AFK/botting rule was made for people who leave their X key pushed down or use capslock and walk away from the computer. An active player shouldn't be punished for trying to take advantage of an ingame benefit if they don't want to be bothered dealing with the rest of the community. I always hated back when the old Devs implemented the random XP gains and getting more XP for grouping. It promoted the horrible box clients of someone running around with 20 characters.

It should be simple...you answer the GM in the allotted time or you get banned. It's pretty clear when there is a person behind the screen. The GM shouldn't be taking the rules and bending them to their own personal view points.
Couldn't have said it better myself...or maybe I did and Dyna is my sockpuppet
Gravity is a myth, Earth Sucks!!!
veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by veryape »

Having two charachters logged in at once is NOT against the rules. Having two characters active at the same time is, ie autofollowing yourself around, fighting together or in two maps etc. Having a storage and trade between it and another one of your characters is not against the rules. Having a character sitting in town while playing your other char is not against the rules etc.

Hope this clarifies any questions about this.
Characters: veryape / Captain Dunce / Elvara / veryapeGM
Shainen
Novice
Novice

Post by Shainen »

Some clarity is still needed here.
Let's assume the following is allowable for same player: 1st character sits in town, inactive, while 2nd character is just outside town hunting mobs. 2nd character then sits inactive while 1st character kills a butterfly in town.

If the previous scenario is allowable for same player then: 1st character has attacked a poltergeist and becomes inactive, 2nd character comes onto same map and kills the attacking poltergeist.

If both previous scenarios are allowable for the same player then: 1st character has finished a battle with mobs then becomes inactive, 2nd character comes onto the map, heals 1st character, then retreats to adjacent map.

Best Regards,

Shainen
veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by veryape »

Both those things are allowed and widly used. You can park a healer close to your fighting char and heal him as long as you stop attacking while you heal him. As long as only one is active at a time it is perfectly legal.
Characters: veryape / Captain Dunce / Elvara / veryapeGM