WTF

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: WTF

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Chay wrote:Chicka, good to hear that you are working on *something* I hope you can finish the valentines quest in time :)
see ya
Cant really work on it while at work, but like i said on irc i should be done the dialog by monday. Real life comes first 8)

regards.
Chicka
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Hello=) »

Chicka-Maria wrote:a bot repeating itself is far worse than any player on tmw. At least in my opinion.
Have you ever read the Tao of IRC? That part of Tao where "automata" should only speak when asked. Tree followed this rule. So it has been good "automata" which served for players amusement. Many players miss this "automata". And after all there is nuke feature if you can't stand some player.
If a player spams they simply get banned by a GM, the bot never is.
Tree "automata" has been implemented correctly and only acted when asked by others. Btw, I wonder, would you also claim Eleanore bot in IRC also annoying and should be removed? Its fundamental properties and goals are mostly the same. Also, you spam IRC channel a lot with messages like: |X| ComfyCheeks (~yubaba@woenwhoa.com) has quit (Excess Flood). You can do about 10 quits like this in row (where to Freenode staff watches?).
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

t3st3r wrote:Tree "automata" has been implemented correctly and only acted when asked by others. Btw, I wonder, would you also claim Eleanore bot in IRC also annoying and should be removed? Its fundamental properties and goals are mostly the same. Also, you spam IRC channel a lot with messages like: |X| ComfyCheeks (~yubaba@woenwhoa.com) has quit (Excess Flood). You can do about 10 quits like this in row (where to Freenode staff watches?).
You must be pretty new when it comes to the internet/IRC so let me tell you a little bit ;) . Irc has nothing to do with being in game spamming and I was having problems with IRC/Internet which caused such messages to appear. they are not messages I wrote or chose to put there. Just like many other people who go on IRC this happens sometimes. Feel free to ask freenode staff how often it happens to people since supposedly it never happens to you they will know 8) . Unlike the bot this was not on purpose, Please come up with a better example of how I "spam the game".

regards,
Chicka
Yubaba
Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Hello=) »

Chicka-Maria wrote:You must be pretty new when it comes to the internet/IRC. Irc has nothing to do with being in game spamming and I was having problems with IRC/Internet which caused such.
On other hand I have good telepathy skills. So I can imagine IRCop faces when they're reading log entries like this. I can even try to guess their actions, especially if it happens when network already falling apart due to ongoing attacks...
Just like many other people who go on IRC. Feel free to ask freenode staff how often it happens to people since supposedly it never happens to you they will know 8)
Staff? Excess flood? 10 times? Sounds like a plan. "Somehow, word /kline comes to my mind" 8). And nice attempt to skip "inconvenient" question about IRC bots and their attitude. But you see, you can't escape my telepathy skills.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

t3st3r wrote:Staff? Excess flood? 10 times? Sounds like a plan. "Somehow, word /kline comes to my mind" 8). And nice attempt to skip "inconvenient" question about IRC bots and their attitude. But you see, you can't escape my telepathy skills.
yes excess flood 10 times its what happens when your internet goes bizarre and tries to put you in a lot of channels at once while doing so, which is why they have told me "it happens" many times before. Also I'm not skiping anything, people get cut off Elanore if they spam her too much if you didn't know that already so much for telepathy skills :P

I gave my opinion, if you or others don't like it then thats too bad x) there's no other reason for me to keep posting here unless someone has a decent concern.

regards,
Chicka
Yubaba
Chay
Novice
Novice

Post by Chay »

*lolz*
Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Hello=) »

Chicka-Maria wrote:yes excess flood 10 times its what happens when your internet goes bizarre and tries to put you in a lot of channels at once while doing so
Triggering automated flood protection, 10 times in row? Nice try to earn k-line, no matter what. Oh, how I learned all this? Established telepathic links to some IRCops, of course :wink:.
Also I'm not skiping anything, people get cut off Elanore if they spam her too much if you didn't know that already so much for telepathy skills :P
Mind reading does not performs well on bots. Because they're mindless automations at this point. However, there are rumours you can use tool called "debugger" to achieve similar goals. As for "spam" I still do not see fundamental differences in attitude of mentioned bots which can justify drastically different views on the same topic.
I gave my opinion, if you or others don't like it then thats too bad x)
It's fine to have such opinion, but for me it looks biased enough.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

What if we made the tree controllable from botcheck by a GM?
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
bugs
Peon
Peon

Post by bugs »

wushin wrote:What if we made the tree controllable from botcheck by a GM?
Lol wushin :lol:
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

You can not nuke an NPC we know this. You can Nuke a bot. However, a well known, often used, centralized bot can not be easily ignored. Do you plan on having me/somebody else nuke everyone who chooses to have any interaction with the bot? Like you said the tree is only acting when acted upon. This means people are spamming and we can not blame the bot. So the appropriate action would be to take the bot/fun away because people choose to abuse it. We won't because the majority of the tmw population enjoyed the bots behavior and tmw needs attention. Don't tell me I'm wrong. Prove it.
AnonDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by AnonDuck »

This is why we can't have nice things!
Head of the TMW Illuminati
DefinitelyNOTMrWho
Novice
Novice

Post by DefinitelyNOTMrWho »

MadCamel wrote:This is why we can't have nice things!
You have to understand that some people are just like animals at the zoo. If you put them in a small cage with no grass and no stuff to do they will try to break the iron bars. On the other hand, if you put them in a big cage, 300 sq foot, with toys, trees, a small pool and stuff, they will be kept busy playing and not trying to destory stuff.

The fact that people spam and abuse should tell you there isn't enough stuff in the game to entertain players. I'm not saying everyone is like this but a certain percentage of players are.

For instance take me, I would most likely enjoy finding a way to spam and annoy people and abusing the confused tree would be perfect.
Gravity is a myth, Earth Sucks!!!
bugs
Peon
Peon

Post by bugs »

I juat miss the old events. TMW used to be much better.