Basic Questions, Answers, Ideas

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
ozthokk
Novice
Novice

Basic Questions, Answers, Ideas

Post by ozthokk »

I posted a topic like this a while back on LOF, and it seemed to be a good idea, a compacted topic to ask questions get answers and give ideas..

I will ask the first "Question"..

I have been making art for a while for LOF, but would like to expand my ideas to TMW and Evol.

So, where exactly would I post my ideas?, Armor, emotes, creatures, ext. :alt-3:
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Basic Questions, Answers, Ideas

Post by Cassy »

If it's about art you can:
  • use the "TMW" subforum in the category "Development" in this forum
  • ask wushin to add you to our Art Development board on Trello
  • join our IRC channels #themanaworld-dev and #themanaworld-art (most things are discussed in -dev though, but -art isn't dead)
If it's about content it's the same subforum, the -dev IRC channel and on Trello our Content Development board.

We welcome every contributor :D
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
ozthokk
Novice
Novice

Post by ozthokk »

Cassy wrote:If it's about art you can:
  • use the "TMW" subforum in the category "Development" in this forum
  • ask wushin to add you to our Art Development board on Trello
  • join our IRC channels #themanaworld-dev and #themanaworld-art (most things are discussed in -dev though, but -art isn't dead)
If it's about content it's the same subforum, the -dev IRC channel and on Trello our Content Development board.

We welcome every contributor :D
Thank you for your reply Cassy anything i post here will be in the art category :alt-3:
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

ozthokk wrote:I posted a topic like this a while back on LOF, and it seemed to be a good idea, a compacted topic to ask questions get answers and give ideas..

I will ask the first "Question"..

I have been making art for a while for LOF, but would like to expand my ideas to TMW and Evol.

So, where exactly would I post my ideas?, Armor, emotes, creatures, ext. :alt-3:
For evol you can get in touch with us directly on our forum or in IRC.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

For developing in TMW:
https://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Dev:Main
Has a number of articles on developing or joining our IRC channel on freenode [url]irc://chat.freenode.net/themanaworld[/url]
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
ozthokk
Novice
Novice

Post by ozthokk »

I seen on Kick starter, you can use them to raise money for things such as TMW. Have you guys ever considered using them? In the link bellow, you can see topics such as games, open source, rpgs. I am sure someone out there would take great interest in helping further this project. Just a thought :alt-6:

https://www.kickstarter.com/discover
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

ozthokk wrote:I seen on Kick starter, you can use them to raise money for things such as TMW. Have you guys ever considered using them? In the link bellow, you can see topics such as games, open source, rpgs. I am sure someone out there would take great interest in helping further this project. Just a thought :alt-6:
TMW is and always was a no-budget project developed and maintained solely by volunteers.

Collecting money through crowdfunding to hire professional developers would be a radical change in the project philosophy. But would it work in the long-term?

Let's assume the crowdfunding would be successful and TMW would collect about $10.000. That would buy us about 200 man-hours of work from professional freelance graphic artists and software developers. That would be enough for a quite amazing update. But what then? Would anyone ever work for free for a project when you know that others did the same job and got paid?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
ozthokk
Novice
Novice

Post by ozthokk »

Crush wrote:
ozthokk wrote:I seen on Kick starter, you can use them to raise money for things such as TMW. Have you guys ever considered using them? In the link bellow, you can see topics such as games, open source, rpgs. I am sure someone out there would take great interest in helping further this project. Just a thought :alt-6:
TMW is and always was a no-budget project developed and maintained solely by volunteers.

Collecting money through crowdfunding to hire professional developers would be a radical change in the project philosophy. But would it work in the long-term?

Let's assume the crowdfunding would be successful and TMW would collect about $10.000. That would buy us about 200 man-hours of work from professional freelance graphic artists and software developers. That would be enough for a quite amazing update. But what then? Would anyone ever work for free for a project when you know that others did the same job and got paid?
ahh, never mind then,, :|