Poll about changes on the server

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.

"The more things change... 2014-04-16 Attention Major Release" change must be deleted.

Yes. I don't want developers to change old what works. They shouldn't touch old maps and stones on those maps and the way how stones worked.
31%
No. I like changes and want developers to keep them.
69%

Total votes: 26
Chay
Novice
Novice

Re: Poll about changes on the server

Post by Chay »

Chicka-Maria wrote:Also not sure if its just me but some graphic seems to be missing from the male sorcerers robe sprite when the sprite walks down. The left shoulder becomes exposed.
This has been there prior to the latest updates, curious why noone ever came up with that error before? I fixed it now, it's not that hard, every developer could have done that.
Chicka-Maria wrote: I have also noticed a lot of color changes (...) like the witches hat.
You can't make it fit with other black clothes because it's too dark now (...)
Indeed, i did not pay too much attention to that one's prior look, i now fixed it since the color levels were way too dark too use it as a dyable item which it actually is, it now should look about like the old one. What I am curious about is why the way better rework got reverted? More revisionism in favour of quality?
Chicka-Maria wrote: I also agree with Johanne and the female shoulders when it comes to robes, it makes the female sprite look more bulkier than the male.
This one looks exactly the same as before, no idea why it now is a matter to complain about but before was not. (This is also not rocket science to check yourself)
Chicka-Maria wrote: edit: the t-neck sweaters also now look like the males gained 50 pounds in the stomach.
[/quote]
Yes it does, please check the Icon. I made the sprite sheet so it matches the icon more and considerably differs from the vneck. A revert on this one is only possible if someone redraws 2 sets of spritesheet which is so much work i refrain from doing it again just because someone does not like it. So if you can propose an improved version feel free to do so.
blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Post by blackrazor »

Chicka-Maria wrote:
I hope you don't mean the items we got from holiday quests in the past, there has already been discussions within the forums from the community about wanting to keep rare hats rare.

Chicka
Chicka, I'm not going to rehash this debate with you. You (and those who agree with you on this) are entitled to your point of view. Others, including top TMWC members, and older players too, who would prefer to see all items available in different ways to newer players also, are likewise entitled to their point of view. I can respect your view, hopefully you can do the same. All I ask is that you don't pretend that previous forum discussions on this were anywhere near unanimous, because they weren't.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Chay wrote:This has been there prior to the latest updates, curious why noone ever came up with that error before? I fixed it now, it's not that hard, every developer could have done that.
and it got fixed :P
blackrazor wrote:
Chicka-Maria wrote:
I hope you don't mean the items we got from holiday quests in the past, there has already been discussions within the forums from the community about wanting to keep rare hats rare.

Chicka
Chicka, I'm not going to rehash this debate with you. You (and those who agree with you on this) are entitled to your point of view. Others, including top TMWC members, and older players too, who would prefer to see all items available in different ways to newer players also, are likewise entitled to their point of view. I can respect your view, hopefully you can do the same. All I ask is that you don't pretend that previous forum discussions on this were anywhere near unanimous, because they weren't.
actually if you look at past discussions I've been in the past on the forums there are. Everyones entitled to a opinion, but I'm not the only one with the same one. You will see that if you look.

regards,
Chicka
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Amarynthus
Novice
Novice

Post by Amarynthus »

Cassy wrote:So I'm not wearing my Rabbit Ears to show off or to frustrate new players cause they can't ever get them ... I wear them cause I simply love them and am happy that I could get them.
Which is great. I thought of elaborating on my point a bit. I'm all for wearing an accomplishment with pride. Hell I strutted around in my candle helmet for a few minutes before I realized how ugly it was. ;)

It is not the display of acquired rares that I was questioning, but the motivation. Pride in accomplishment is great - that's part of the real fun: we can face new challenges in the game and take pride in overcomming them.
Cassy wrote:@Amarynthus: Welcome to TMW btw :alt-3:
Thanks.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Small error:
license.txt, line 940 wrote: graphics/tiles/desert_city_indoors.png (Lizandra, Nard, Wushin) (GPLv2)
graphics/tiles/desert_city_indoors_x3.png (Lizandra, Nard, Wushin) (GPLv2)
I never modified any file by Lizandra, thus there is no reason why my name appears here or elsewhere. ChefChelios should be quoted instead (he is responsible of the Hetchel sprite, thus the spinning wheel).
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

She made the Beds. I will add Chef Chelios for the spinning wheel.
Come to think of it. I thought you made the spinning wheel so.
As I replaced the rest of your and varuna's art with tiles from Inn and Ivanmores Town and Lizandras Inn bed improvements.
So It should be Lizandra, Fother, Ivanmore, Chef Chelios, Wushin.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

wushin wrote:She made the Beds. I will add Chef Chelios for the spinning wheel.
Come to think of it. I thought you made the spinning wheel so.
As I replaced the rest of your and varuna's art with tiles from Inn and Ivanmores Town and Lizandras Inn bed improvements.
So It should be Lizandra, Fother, Ivanmore, Chef Chelios, Wushin.
Fother, Ivanmorve : The window shapes?
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Window shapes I made from the desert_city. I cut the shape out from desert_city and pixel'd the edge. I also remade the stacks of cloth, floor tiles are recolored inn, walls are ivanomore with fother dock. Shelves are colormap'd from inn to dock wood.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

That was not my question, I just asked if Ivanmorve and Fother made the window shapes, but nevermind.