Has anyone tried building SDL2 for Windows?

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Kane
Peon
Peon

Has anyone tried building SDL2 for Windows?

Post by Kane »

I noticed its being supported more and more and I assume someday will make the switch. I wanted to give it a try but keep getting an issue. I'm really new to compiling this stuff so please take it easy on me.

In Codeblocks I go to the project build options and go to Windows client #defines and I add USE_SDL2. This does seem correct since its referenced all over the place.
Then I do a Clean! Woot I'm learning! Then I compile.

But I get this error:
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

||=== Build: Windows in ManaPlus Client (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler) ===|
src\localconsts.h|31|error: #error using SDL1.2 headers but configure set to use SDL2|
src\localconsts.h|32|error: #error please remove configure flag --with-sdl2|
src\localconsts.h|31|error: #error using SDL1.2 headers but configure set to use SDL2|
C:\Users\Kane\Dropbox\Elmlor\Repo\manaplus\src\localconsts.h|31|error: #error using SDL1.2 headers but configure set to use SDL2|
C:\Users\Kane\Dropbox\Elmlor\Repo\manaplus\src\localconsts.h|32|error: #error please remove configure flag --with-sdl2|
C:\Users\Kane\Dropbox\Elmlor\Repo\manaplus\src\localconsts.h|31|error: #error using SDL1.2 headers but configure set to use SDL2|
C:\Users\Kane\Dropbox\Elmlor\Repo\manaplus\src\localconsts.h|32|error: #error please remove configure flag --with-sdl2|
||More errors follow but not being shown.|
||Edit the max errors limit in compiler options...|
||=== Build failed: 50 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 0 second(s)) ===|

I did add the SDL 1.2 stuff like dll, includes, libs the exact package file name was SDL2-devel-2.0.3-mingw.tar.gz

Not sure if there is something I'm suppose to disable. It does not seem there is like a flag for 1.2 its just by default and gets shut off when 1.2 is defined?

EDIT: Looks like I'm not that bright. I ended up learning what the heck Headers were. They were the libs pretty much winlibs\include\SDL2 =) I have not had luck compiling yet finding more errors but at least I learned something :)

EDIT 2: I ended up derping more. I included all the dlevel mingw SDL2's SDL, SDL_image, SDL_mixer, SDL_ttf, SDL_net, SDL_gfx
The SDL_gfx was the oddest one... Comes from a more odd site no lib/bin/includes folder for some odd reason:
http://cms.ferzkopp.net/index.php/software/13-sdl-gfx
[Kane_Hart] on FreenNode and TMW IRC.