Scammer ban - RESOLVED

This forum is used to deal with abuse in game - abuse reports, bans etc.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: Scammer ban - ongoing investigation.

Post by prsm »

A while back I was asked to moderate the forums.

The same rules apply in the forums that apply in the game.
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by veryape »

Hysoka wrote:why did you remove it PRSM ?
you know im right, this game is full of <radio_edit>People like me</radio_edit> i hope it dies and im sure it will at this rate
I don't know what you are angry about since i never read the first post. If you are on the ban-list and have a clean conscience, we are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience of being banned.

However, it is for your security, we have reasons to believe that your account has been compromised, we need to further investigate to find the scammer, until then we locked all the accounts so the scammer can't empty them, or even worse possibly delete your characters.

We are trying to resolve this as swiftly as possible, but it is tedious work and might take some time.

I've played alongside you in the game, just as with many others of the names on that list. I hope I will be able to do it after all those problems have been resolved too.

I understand that you are frustrated, but please try to be civil.

Both the gm team and the admins are trying their best to resolve this situation to the best of our ability, we didn't ban all those people because we think that it is particularly funny to ban people, we did it because we thought it was the only responsible measure to do to stop an ongoing scam.

I hope that all of the affected ones understand this.
Characters: veryape / Captain Dunce / Elvara / veryapeGM
Jerobeel
Peon
Peon

Post by Jerobeel »

Chapart wrote:Hello all,

I just wanted to say thanks to the investigators for blocking these people and dont let the scammers steal anithing from them, just because i know almost all of the characters in the list and i consider them my friends or kinda.

Good luck with the investigation and if i can help in ani way ill do it, just let me know,

Thanks again,

And here a picture that i stole from Breilin:
1978378_613751135363589_1404551585_o.jpg
(I dont know why you taked that picture with you camera lol, you know can use the "P" to take screenshots? xD)

I hope this solves quickly because the users who didnt do anithing are losing their time in game.

Good bye,
And sorry for my english im proudly from South America :D
Be careful with the implacations you do, just because some of them are in this pic, that doesnt mean they are guilty. Bastex speak spanish, Breilin too, probably Angi too, so is easy to ppl who speak the same language to hang out together.

Im not saying they are innocent, just that is not good to make assumptions.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

After a complete investigation, we have decided to issue a perma ban to both "Money easy" and "arki2.0". Any alts also on those accounts will also be blocked.

All other accounts can be unblocked once they have asked for a password reset though the proper channels. That is done by issuing a request to passwords@themanaworld.org. We are taking this step because we believe some of these accounts have been compromised and we want to ensure that the right person gets the account back.

This was not a unanimous decision by the GM team, but we are left to what we can prove, not what we suspect. It should be noted if any of these alts get caught in a compromising situation again, an unblock will not be forth coming.

Thank you for your patience while we waited for help in our investigation by the admin team.

the GM team
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

I will be locking this forum, if you have any concerns please feel free to open a forum under Player talk.