"This account is already logged in" every disconnect

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Relm
Novice
Novice

"This account is already logged in" every disconnect

Post by Relm »

Every time I am disconnected from the server (e.g. due to wifi packet loss), I click OK, login, try to enter world, receive the message "this account is already logged in" and have to log in again. Every time. It's annoying and unnecessary. How do I avoid it? I'm not interested in analyzing code and compiling my own client. This is with manaplus 1.4.7.19 and at least some earlier versions.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: "This account is already logged in" every disconnect

Post by o11c »

Most likely there's something wrong at your ISP. I've had it myself, adding an iptables rule to ignore incoming RST bits fixed it for me.

... wait, I think I'm being insufficiently paranoid.

Gestapo aside, I have vague plans to disconnect all idle connections which will fix this.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Relm
Novice
Novice

Post by Relm »

Something is wrong at Comcast? Ha... ha.. ha...
iahc
Newly Registered User
Location: sArgentina >planet earth> solar system> via lactea galaxy > universe

Post by iahc »

It's not client/server related problem. always you will see you account is logged in because your character is still in the world of mana!!!, when you log in and server note that you're "out" of your account, it logout your char/acc, and now u can log in, be patient, other wise contract another ISP or an powerful wifi antenna, client/server is doing things correctly. sorry.
Crazyk8e
Novice
Novice

Post by Crazyk8e »

o11c wrote:Gestapo aside, I have vague plans to disconnect all idle connections which will fix this.
I assume by idle you mean AFK?

Oh and I have had issues with this too OP you are not alone. :)
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Crazyk8e wrote: I assume by idle you mean AFK?
Not really. I mean any client that is not sending any traffic. Normally manaplus send a ping packet once every second while connected to the map server.

For the login and char servers I'll have to do something different, not sure what.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.