Any chance to get an increase on party member?

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Ginaria
Warrior
Warrior

Any chance to get an increase on party member?

Post by Ginaria »

Player asked me "Any chance to get an increase on party members , 12 is kind of low. I hit cap."...

Any solution for this problem?
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Re: Any chance to get an increase on party member?

Post by Reid »

Ginaria wrote:Any solution for this problem?
Guild, but they were removed.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Ginaria
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Ginaria »

Reid wrote:
Why removed?
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

Ginaria wrote:
Reid wrote:
Why removed?
viewtopic.php?p=107124#p107124
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

I'm pretty sure the codebase no longer cares about the hard-coded limit. It should be pretty simple to change it to a policy limit.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

I played quite a lot of mmo's and I hate the guild system. There would be lot of politics and obviously guild wars. I oppose guild system in tmw. Party is fine as it is.
I'm as cool and comforting as the porcelain tiles on your bathroom floor during an evening of vomiting.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

o11c wrote:I'm pretty sure the codebase no longer cares about the hard-coded limit. It should be pretty simple to change it to a policy limit.
Yay! *votes for 100±x*
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
Rawng
Peon
Peon

Post by Rawng »

Parties are generally envisioned to fill the niche of a short lived group formed for a certain task, encouraging cooperation with people you might not know, and I think that's their valid purpose. The only real difference between a party and a guild is the number of members which can be in one. The only benefit parties (or guilds, if they were here) provide to large and disparate groups of people is a unified chat area.

It's understandable, with guilds not being in the game right now, that people want ways to enlarge their permanent social circle, but I think that if it is done it should be with the understanding that it's not permanent, and will be reverted when guilds are eventually (if ever,) reintroduced.

I guess my point is that I'd like parties to eventually some day return to what they were meant to be so that content can be created which takes advantage of their unique properties. Just for clarity I'm not arguing against increasing the max party size.
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

There is still guild bot...
and there are still active Guilds look in wiki: https://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Player_Groups
Plus if you want to start your own guild veryape can take care of it, he is responsible for guild bot now.
also look at my signature v. (guild wasn't logged in)
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
alexander1006
Novice
Novice

Post by alexander1006 »

I am sure party is more common than guild as guild is complicated... and the most important is PARTY CAN SHARE EXP so I think party member's limit should raise. :alt-3:
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

Thats exactly the reason, why increasing party members limit is not the solution or an alternative for guild.
Rawng wrote: changing party dynamics has an effect on gameplay that really should be taken into consideration when alternatives are available. they do things like display health bars, and other benefits, it could make coordinating on high level content easier thus reducing the overall difficulty. not to mention exp benifits will be able to be spread over more people at once
Also just read his post about purpose of parties in comparison to the purpose of guilds.
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all