GM Triple Event Day - Nov 9th

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Silent Dawn
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

GM Triple Event Day - Nov 9th

Post by Silent Dawn »

Last year, GM's hosted an Halloween Costume Contest. It was a great hit, so we thought, why not doing one again this year.
But... why only make a costume contest when we can do something more. :D A triple event day.

The 3 events will take place at different server times according to the free time the available GM's said they had.

So, the events are:

- Halloween Costume Contest - 10h server time

2 winners for the 2 best costumes. No categories this time like last year.
Rules: No repeated costumes allowed.

- Skeleton/Troll Race - 17h server time

Rules: Players will have to go disguised as skeletons or trolls with no other items equipped. (You can say, well, how can you see if players dont have rings equipped and so on... well, obviously we are not going to check one by one... sooo, why just not follow the rules :wink: )

The race will have 3 race checkpoints. Each checkpoint will correspond to the location where a GM is hidden. You'll have to pass through the 3 checkpoints by the order we give you otherwise you will be disqualified.

The race will begin in Hursncald town. The first race checkpoint will be broadcasted in the beggining of the race. One GM will be on the 1st race checkpoint and it will give the information about the 2nd race point where a 2nd GM will be. This 2nd GM will give the information about the 3rd race checkpoint where the last GM will be.

The 2 first players to reach the last race checkpoint win.

- Slime party - 23h30 server time

This event will take place in the GM island. A bunch of slimes will be spawned and 2 toothbrushes will be dropped.

The 2 players that find the 2 toothbrushes win.

------------

To resume, there will be in total 6 winners, 2 winners per event. Prizes will be from the GM storage.
Prizes will be given only at the end of the last event
(In the end of each event, the winners will choose 1 number between 1 and 100 as always, but we wont give you the prizes right away).
If by any chance, the winners from the previous events aren’t online at the time of the reward time, don’t worry, your prizes will be saved and handed to you when you will login again.

Any doubt about the events, rules, post them here or ask any GM:)

------------

A preview of what you can get if you win :shock: :D
ManaPlus_Screenshot_server.themanaworld.org_2014-10-24_20-19-47_4.png
ManaPlus_Screenshot_server.themanaworld.org_2014-10-24_20-19-47_4.png (219.4 KiB) Viewed 2198 times
Last edited by Silent Dawn on 31 Oct 2014, 12:13, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Change the hours of the events
GozUer
Peon
Peon

Re: GM Triple Event Day - Nov 9th

Post by GozUer »

Very well done Silent Dawn :) best day of the year for TMW!
Cheer up for more days like these! :D :D :D :D
««« Main: GozUer - Lv.95 Rage Warrior / Bansheer »»» ««« Alt: GozUer. - Lv.74 Speed Warrior »»»
««« S-Alt: ***** Lv.7* "Good Path" »»» ««« Shop: **** Lv.255 Brawler »»»

Info: Selling [Guy Fawkes Mask] Accepting any offers. Ask MMH$ for +Info.

Have you heard about MMH$ Shop? Check it out! -> [Shop Link] <-
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

I'll be the grumpy one this time, i know i won't be able to attend any of the events, perhaps i'll be able to be at the end of the last event. if you make 3 events why not spread across the weekend 1 event each day? so more players will be able to participate? for example one event at friday, one at saturday and one at sunday.
I accepted my fate, i wasn't able to participate in most events so far iirc, cause i work sundays. but maybe other people can't for similar reasons. but if you make 3 why not spread it?
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
Silent Dawn
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Silent Dawn »

We tried to find a day where we could gather the max of GM's available to host those events. And according to the free time of the GM's that are going to participate, we concluded that Sunday was the best day for that.
We already spread the events during the day to avoid players saying we only make those events for europeans... We are not trying to schedule things to exclude players, but it's hard to make everyone's happy.

I cannot promise things will be changed... hope to give news soon.
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

Slime party for example doesn't need more than 1 gm online.
Anyway i already said accepted my fate. (or suddenly i'll get sick at 9th of november) :alt-7:
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
Silent Dawn
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Silent Dawn »

GM's free time dictates that Sunday continues to be the best day to host such events and there are no conditions to spread it across the weekend.
However we enlarged the time between each event, covering more than 12h in the day, so most probably any player can participate in at least 1 event.

So here are the new hours for the 3 events:

- Halloween Costume Contest - 10h server time
- Skeleton/Troll Race - 17h server time
- Slime party - 23h30 server time

The rules for the events remain unchanged.
Mass Affect
Newly Registered User

Post by Mass Affect »

oh yea :alt-0:
Silent Dawn
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Silent Dawn »

We have a small issue about one of the events.
As you may have noticed, Jack's skeleton charm is not working anymore since the restart of today. Therefore, the race will be only a troll race where you have to go disguised as trolls.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by veryape »

BUMP BUMP BUMP!
Characters: veryape / Captain Dunce / Elvara / veryapeGM
Ginaria
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Ginaria »

ManaPlus_Screenshot_server.themanaworld.org_2014-11-09_11-19-58_6.png
ManaPlus_Screenshot_server.themanaworld.org_2014-11-09_11-19-58_6.png (579.48 KiB) Viewed 1781 times
ManaPlus_Screenshot_server.themanaworld.org_2014-11-09_11-20-11_8.png
ManaPlus_Screenshot_server.themanaworld.org_2014-11-09_11-20-11_8.png (593.26 KiB) Viewed 1781 times
Congrats wishes to winners of 1st event:
ManaPlus_Screenshot_server.themanaworld.org_2014-11-09_11-21-16_11.png
ManaPlus_Screenshot_server.themanaworld.org_2014-11-09_11-21-16_11.png (41.88 KiB) Viewed 1781 times
alexander1006
Novice
Novice

Post by alexander1006 »

Silent Dawn wrote:We have a small issue about one of the events.
As you may have noticed, Jack's skeleton charm is not working anymore since the restart of today. Therefore, the race will be only a troll race where you have to go disguised as trolls.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Is that mean the event is for someone high lvl enough to hunt trolls or someone rich enough to buy that book only? :alt--:
I was listening to the ocean,
I saw a face in the sand.
But when I picked it up,
Then it vanished away from my hands.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

Alexander1006, there was a bit of a cross up with Jacky's skeleton charm, but in the end we replaced it with "you could run naked".

I am pretty sure any level player can run naked.
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
Silent Dawn
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Silent Dawn »

Winners

Halloween Costume Contest

1st) Mass Attack- Funky Hat
2nd) GozUer. - Witch Hat
2nd) Crazyk8e - Mouboo Head
We had 2 second winners. Ginaria and i had troubles to decide, so we had to choose 3 winners in the end.

Troll/Naked race

1st) GozUer. - Guy Fawkes Mask
2nd) Chay - Antlers

Slime Party

1st) ginosuper - Elf Nightcap
2nd) GozUer - Santa Beard Hat

Congratulations to the winners :)