Character Deletion?

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

What do you think about having to start over when the new server comes out?

That sucks my char is t3h pNz0r!1!1!, I dont want to start over
6%
I really dont want to have to create a new character...
15%
I dont mind, It's gonna be a breath of fresh air
73%
I dont want to have to make a new char, but I cant wait till the new server comes out!
6%
What?!
No votes

Total votes: 33
SickAffixation
Peon
Peon

Character Deletion?

Post by SickAffixation »

I keep hearing that every single persons char will get deleted when the new server comes out (Soul-less or not), Im a little weary about the whole situation :? .... Theres many topics about 'just' soul-less charecters getting deleted after the new server comes out. but lately iv ben talking to alot of people in game and a majority of the people I talked to said after the new server comes out every thing is gonna start from sratch.
Is all this true?
You beat me sweet....
Dr Wahl
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dr Wahl »

Starting over is not the end of the world, and the game is only in beta "TESTING", not beta "COMMITTED FOR LIFE". If people are unhappy with the character resest, they are most certainly welcome to hang around, and not play until a more official version comes out. For the time being however, dont get too attatched to your character. As for me, I look to our Mana World God (ElvenProgrammer) and greatfully say, "Thank you sir! May I have another!" Elven (and many other contributers) have sat down and figured this thing out, put hours of work into it, and all that happens is people complain about how there character is going to be reset.
SickAffixation
Peon
Peon

Post by SickAffixation »

True, True
You beat me sweet....
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Wrong!

We're not in beta. We're moving from a pre-alpha tech demo into alpha, the first version with our own gamesystem. You'll be getting the first glances of how the game is going to be on the long run. So in any case you should be happy.
This message used to be meaningful.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

maybe we will try to find a way to give the player of high level chars a little starting help to get up when the new server starts, but we can't promise you anything.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
SickAffixation
Peon
Peon

Post by SickAffixation »

Crush wrote:maybe we will try to find a way to give the player of high level chars a little starting help to get up when the new server starts, but we can't promise you anything.
That is a really good idea, Because there are players who arnt exactly happy with the death clock ticking on there characters :lol: (EX. Tenche, Me, e.g)

but after thinking about it for a while all the new imrpovements and changes will most likely confiscate from having to start from scratch :roll:
You beat me sweet....
Dr Wahl
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dr Wahl »

We're not in beta. We're moving from a pre-alpha tech demo into alpha,
sorry... i was more trying to make a point than be accurate, but thanks for the update :)
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

I don't want to be rude but characters will be deleted no matter what do you think about. This is simply needed for the game to progress, therefore this poll is pointless.

Regards.
Dr Wahl
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dr Wahl »

IMO polls (in forums) are never pointless. The purpose of a poll is to get an idea of how the public views a topic/issue/problem. The purpose of a poll is not to change the way things work. No matter which way a poll goes, developers can look at it an determine what to expect given a specific action. So.... what I am trying to say is:
Developers, learn from this poll, know what to expect when the characters are reset. Do not change the flow of things because of this poll, but know how the audiance is going to react and be prepared for it.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

...exactly.
As now we can see it's only a small few of all the players that is whining. The rest is cool with helping this game progress instead of demanding compensation for their great loss. :)
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Dr Wahl
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dr Wahl »

yes, but keep the vocal minority theory in mind as well
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Modanung wrote:The rest is cool with helping this game progress instead of demanding compensation for their great loss. :)
In the spirit of open source, they should be making the compensation themselves (and hence help us further)... ;)
This message used to be meaningful.
SickAffixation
Peon
Peon

Post by SickAffixation »

lol, hmm.... I just noticed 75% of the active people on the fourms are only the mod's and the tmw crew.... any ways thanks for all your oppinions on my oppinion. Im not playing tmw untill the new server comes out. If I play like one game for to long Ill get sick of it and wont play at all XD
You beat me sweet....
Dr Wahl
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dr Wahl »

well... playing the game and helping with development (in whatever capacity) are two different things, so we certainly invite you to keep on participating in whatever capacity you can.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

I think creating a plot theory isn't a good way to win a poll one has started.

Regards.