200+ and still...

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
knivey
Novice
Novice

Post by knivey »

ElvenProgrammer wrote:Well for example we could replace the other icons as we did with the skull for locked topics.
We could have diferrent rank images: swords for admins, axes for programmers, spears for artists or what else.
Once tmwserv is running I'd like also to have the possibility to show your player instead of forum avatar, together with some stats.
sounds like a job for php and gd
All your base are belong to us.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

ElvenProgrammer wrote:Once tmwserv is running I'd like also to have the possibility to show your player instead of forum avatar, together with some stats.
That would be neat. :)
But it should come with some option. Which character you want as your avatar and whether or not you want an ordinairy custom avatar.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
maci
Knight
Knight

Post by maci »

user defined avatars have been in the talk a long time ago already.
i guess we got to the conclusion that it wouldnt be good for users with slow internet connection.
ElvenProgrammer wrote:Maci: don't be rude, we're here to help people ;)
knivey
Novice
Novice

Post by knivey »

Anyone else reminded of gaiaonline?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The European Ragnarok Online uses a forum system that uses the ingame characters of the posters as avatars:
http://www.euro-ro.net/community/phorum/index.php?17

Although the system is quite incomplete because it only shows the class and the gender of the character with the default hairstyle, the default weapon and without other visible equipment.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
knivey
Novice
Novice

Post by knivey »

I think something like this would be really easy to do with TMW.
haggard
Novice
Novice

Post by haggard »

ElvenProgrammer wrote:Well for example we could replace the other icons as we did with the skull for locked topics.
We could have diferrent rank images: swords for admins, axes for programmers, spears for artists or what else.
Once tmwserv is running I'd like also to have the possibility to show your player instead of forum avatar, together with some stats.
hmmm i like this idea