New Ideas, New Game

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

kronos_killer1
Peon
Peon

New Ideas, New Game

Post by kronos_killer1 »

Hey Guys,

I am still in college but I have been playing video games for a very long time, like most of you, and I want to take some of the things that I liked about those games, change those things slightly (for copyright reasons) and add some of my own new ideas for a MMORPG game that I would like to make.

Tell me if you like these Ideas, I'l add some more later:

This is one I call the A.E.T. System:

A.E.T. (Advanced Experience Tables) are three different experience bars.

The first experience bar is most obviously your physical experience, how well you are, how strong, smart, fast, etc., etc.
And there will be sub-bars for things like running endurance, which will be the total will be based on a stat, and fatigue and swimming endurance.

The second experience bar will be for the job experience (I have decide if the character will be able to change class, yet). Think of it as an actual job and the more experience you get for defeating enemies while in your job class translates into your character learning to do their job better.

And finally, the third experience bar and designed for actual learning from the character. For instance, if you choose the mage class and learn a basic fire-ball spell, the more you used that spell to attack the 'experience' you have in using that certain spell and your character understands and learns the more advanced fudimentals of the spell. As the spell gains levels it will become stronger, faster, more visually attractive, and in the case of the fire-ball spell. will be able to hit the target or multiple targets up to a max of 20 times (max level being level 20 for the spell, very hard to get to).

This one will be a program for the residential areaof any major city of any continent:

(This only my 2nd draft)

After a certain level you (the player) will be presented with a quest where the reward will be a Land Title. This is actually the beginning of a very big, very expensive sidequest. You will have to go to the Realtor’s Office in the major city in you home country to trade to certificate for a 30 x 30 square foot plot of land to build a house. Since you now own the land you will have no need to pay rent to anyone other than a bi-annual land tax to your government and you can allow only the players you want onto your property.
Some of the things that you can do with you new house through the course of the game are furnishing your house, upgrading parts (utilities, etc.), expanding (floors, rooms, and gardens), and increasing land size.
As for furnishing you home, the items fall into several categories: Chairs, Wall Hangings, Storage, Tables, Beds, General Accessories, Window Accessories, Floor, Exotic Accessories, Kitchen, Lavatory, Glass, Appliances, Outdoors, Miscellaneous, Special, and Extra. You can purchase some of these from NPC’s Shops or receive them as dropped items from defeated foes. A larger portion can be purchased from other Players or made by you.
As for upgrading your house, upgrades range from different utilities to foundation and building materials.
Utilities include Lighting and Electricity, Water, Security, Entertainment Access (Local, Cable, etc.), Room Size and Function, and Waste Disposal.
You can also add up to 2 additional floors to your house, but only after a certain character level for each floor, and there must be a staircase leading to the next floor before it can be built/installed. And nothing can be built above a garden.
Gardens are still part of your house as they are still on your land. Hence, nobody can take items from where you put them. Go ahead and flaunt that Elite or Rare Item that few people have. Gardens are really just parts of you house’s ground floor where no rooms have been built yet or where you have chosen not to build at all. You can also upgrade your gardens into either an assortment of colorful flowerbeds with upgradeable scenery or into an empty flowerbed to grow your plants, you just need to find seeds and hire someone (provided by the game) to take care of them for you.
With certain amounts of money you can increase the border of your property up to a maximum of 120 x 160 square feet, which allows to add more rooms, hallways, living space, and gardens. You can also add a basement early in the game for extra storage space and section off parts of it for specific items. And whenever you increase the border of your property when you have a basement, the basement size increases automatically to match the above ground size.
Later in the game, when you have joined a guild, you can relocate to a guild owned portion of the Residential Area. One of the perks to this is you get to be able to go outside and walk around and visit your neighbor’s (other guild member) house, but also receive a guild resident tax which is set be the guild master. Sorry, you are not allowed to take anything out of their house unless they are there to give it to you or they have left it for you with the area guard.
If you become a Guild Master yourself you receive a few more perks the rest of the Guild does. For instance, your maximum border of property increases to 160 x 240 square feet, a fourth floor, access to the Extra category of furnishings, and are responsible for representing your Guild and rallying your guild to participate in the Guild Wars at the end of every month.

Kronos_Killer1

I kill time... Geuss what I am doing? :twisted:
kronos_killer1
Peon
Peon

Keep in mind...

Post by kronos_killer1 »

Hey Guys,

Keep in mind that this game will require graphics reminiscent of World of Warcraft or Everquest.

Kronos_Killer1

I kill time... Guess what I am doing? :twisted:
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Sooo.... these ideas are not meant for TMW?

If they are:
About idea #1... we will have a learning by doing system. So no jobs.

About idea #2: http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... ate_system
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
kronos_killer1
Peon
Peon

Other Ideas...

Post by kronos_killer1 »

A pet system, like actually having a pet in real life. And forewarning, I am calling my game Destiny Online.

Although pets are expensive, they are an invaluable companions and party members. Like character classes, pets also vary into different types of animal classes and as they grow with experience through battles, just like a character of Destiny does, they upgrade or change into stronger and more dangerous creatures akin to their class type.
Also, as with character classes, pets can branch out for more originality and can wear status-boosting accessories, like collars, leashes, etc.
Every pet class is different from other pet classes, but every pet in a certain class is the same starting out (Level 1) until their first growth level. And, whenever a pet levels up you can allocate a set number of status points for even more diversity.
As any attribute increases past a certain point due to allocated status points (not enhancements from spells or equipment) the pet will exhibit certain physical changes, such as increased muscle definition, fat %, facial expression, and eventually the ability of speech.
To increase the Relationship Level you have with your Pet you must feed your pet regularly (your pet will let you know when it needs to be feed), keep it from dying, make use of it often in battles, and dole out compliments for good deeds (attacking and killing an enemy on command) and punishment for bad deeds (urinating on other players or eating a corpse before the player gets to loot it).

And instead of all these magic rings, I thought why not have other things like Magic peircings (nose, ear, lip, labrae, face only) and Ability inhancing tattooes (apparently my game will get increasingly harder after level 20). You will only be able to find tattoo designs as drop items and you'll have to pay to get them put on and removed, according to size and boost strength.

Kronos_Killer1
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Look... I don't know what you're trying to achive with posting your ideas here. If you want people's oppinion about your system maybe the RPGDX forums are a better place.

I'm just trying to help.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

kronos_killer1 wrote:I am calling my game Destiny Online.
eh, Don't get me wrong, but what have this to do with TMW????? excuse me but this forum is called THE MANA WORLD and i don't see what yours posts have to do with this theme....
kronos_killer1
Peon
Peon

Thanx...

Post by kronos_killer1 »

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the help, I'll try it out...
Hommer
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Hommer »

this is not pokemon. Nuff said.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Hommer wrote:this is not pokemon. Nuff said.
And these ideas weren't meant for TMW.
Rezmont
Peon
Peon

Post by Rezmont »

Modanung wrote:Sooo.... these ideas are not meant for TMW?

If they are:
About idea #1... we will have a learning by doing system. So no jobs.

About idea #2: http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... ate_system
Would you explain the Learning by Doing systems

I was under the impression of having jobs later on.. so could you please explain it.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Read the wiki.
This message used to be meaningful.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

there are currently two drafts on the wiki that are under discussion:
http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Stat_system_2
http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Skill_system
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Tenche
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tenche »

Just misinformed people...

I think the game shouldent leave 2D stage...

But hey if you want these ideas to come in play then become a coder or whatever :)
kronos_killer1
Peon
Peon

Post by kronos_killer1 »

could you please delete this topic.