Woodland Village (new attempt)

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Yep that fits a lot better.
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

It's a lot nicer now.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

a palisade inspired by irucards nomad tileset:
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Looks nice (the palisade). But maybe the poles should have sharpened tips?
And ofcourse there should be grass growing against it, just like with the house and the cliffs.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

this is usually the last step i do after everyone had the opportunity to suggest changes.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Techsetsu
Novice
Novice

Post by Techsetsu »

^ Yeah I agree. The logs would look better sharpened. You might also want to throw in
Crush wrote:modified the fence to fit the rest of my tiles:
Nice, but could you maybe add a gradient or something to the roof so it looked less flat and repetitive? I do really like the A-framed roofs though [despite the fact I think the straw would look cooler if it were darker... hehehe].

All in all, excellent work. I love the window and door. I also really dig the barrel. I do think you should take up Yosuhara's vines too. That'd make a nice addition. :)
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Techsetsu wrote:Nice, but could you maybe add a gradient or something to the roof so it looked less flat and repetitive?
No, i want it to be tileable. Using a gradient would limit it to a fixed height.
  • NOT a game master

Techsetsu
Novice
Novice

Post by Techsetsu »

Crush wrote:
Techsetsu wrote:Nice, but could you maybe add a gradient or something to the roof so it looked less flat and repetitive?
No, i want it to be tileable. Using a gradient would limit it to a fixed height.
Could you maybe make a semi-trasparent gradient overlay then?

Or try making the cabin with the darker shade of the straw? Something just doesn't look right...
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

some signs i made. please give me your honest opinion:

i would also like to hear some suggestions what other signs could be useful.
  • NOT a game master

EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

a armor shop
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

Crush wrote:some signs i made. please give me your honest opinion:

i would also like to hear some suggestions what other signs could be useful.
that bow on the first sign is almost invisible... i think u should adjust it's brightness... same to sword on second sign, blade is ok.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

I think the actual sign part could (and should) be bigger. (I think it'll look nicer and also allow more detail.)
This message used to be meaningful.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

And I agree with Rotonen. The sign should be the entire width of the tile. And I think it's too tall, the pole should be shorter. Signs that high should be attached to a building. Either nailed to the wall or attached to some sign bar thingy sticking out of the wall.

Also I think it should look more as if they were painted... decoratively. Less shaded, lined out, and the shading of the wood should be visible through the paint.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Ultim
Novice
Novice

Post by Ultim »

May i suggest moving in this direction?

Oh and Crush, on your palisade the logs lined horizontally have a smaller vertical thickness than your logs lined vertically, giving the piece a grid effect on the corners.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Sorry for not posting anything for such a long time, but im in a rather heavy creative block right now. This is what i have so far. When anyone got any ideas what i could add then please post. i really need some kind of inspiration.
Last edited by Crush on 15 Jun 2006, 17:45, edited 1 time in total.
  • NOT a game master