a little piece of music i made

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

Crush wrote:i think that it should be possible to get such generic sounds from public domain sources.
I knew of a public domain repository with nature sounds but the sounds were at a low resolution and didn't sound right. If you have any link let me know.
Lv.: Maggot
Please, read the FAQ before posting.
Techsetsu
Novice
Novice

Post by Techsetsu »

Sorry for the one-month bump, but I live on a farm and could make some field recordings. My mp3 recorder can't record any higher quality than 128kps mp3 though. :(

I really hope to buy a high-quality sampler soon.

P.S. Although purely acoustic music isn't my forte, I could try and whip something up maybe. :oops:
knivey
Novice
Novice

Post by knivey »

Before someone comments about how TMW doesn't use mp3s but oggs keep in mind they can be converted :roll:
All your base are belong to us.
Techsetsu
Novice
Novice

Post by Techsetsu »

knivey wrote:Before someone comments about how TMW doesn't use mp3s but oggs keep in mind they can be converted :roll:
True. I'd have to convert them to wav temporarily to master them anyway so I could easily export them as .ogg.
Ultim
Novice
Novice

Post by Ultim »

Sound Dogs is GREAT for royalty-free sound effects.

Earlier in this thread you mentioned live artists recording our music. Whether we have old-school or new-school music that should be a great idea. From your wording I inferred that you had not thought of recording each element of each song separately... the high part of a song played by a resident flutist combined with the low part played by a resident bassist combined with the percussion played by a resident drummer, for example. I think this would be an efficient method. Surely we have somebody who can splice these separate tracks well. In converting our songs to real-life instrumentation, I suggest great variance in the selection of instruments. I.e., put in uncommon instruments like a harmonica, didgeridoo, or jew's harp.
Xephys
Novice
Novice

Post by Xephys »

I might try making my own music for a bit of fun. :)
To eat or not to eat, that is the question!