Map Bugs

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Rubikon_
Novice
Novice

Bandit Cave Bug.

Post by Rubikon_ »

011-6 268.238 and 269.238 the problem is with this table you can see problem in screenshot.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (211.79 KiB) Viewed 14501 times
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Map Bugs

Post by wushin »

Please use this forum to notify of any and all map bugs. Please include either a Screenshot or Map Coordinates of the error. Thank you.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
ozthokk
Novice
Novice

Re: Map Bugs

Post by ozthokk »

Well, wasent sure exactly where to report this, so i will tell you what happen here. Logged today after a long time being absent and tried to enter Hurnscald several times from all ways of entry, after a few steps into town, the game completly freezes, curious if anyone can help, oh yeah, this happen before and after i have updated to 1 5 7 4, hope someone can help, thanks a lot :?
Rubikon_
Novice
Novice

Post by Rubikon_ »

ozthokk wrote:Well, wasent sure exactly where to report this, so i will tell you what happen here. Logged today after a long time being absent and tried to enter Hurnscald several times from all ways of entry, after a few steps into town, the game completly freezes, curious if anyone can help, oh yeah, this happen before and after i have updated to 1 5 7 4, hope someone can help, thanks a lot :?
Please uninstall client and install it again.Maybe You need to get updates.
So if it still don't work please make a screenshot and upload it and let me see it.
Regards.
Siegfried
Novice
Novice

Post by Siegfried »

Hi,
i have the same bug. Or similar. The game freezes nearly completely (frame rate drops to zero). The game isn't 100% frozen. When i hit ESC, then about 30s later i get the dialog. When i then hit return, about 20s later the game ends. Usage of mouse is impossible, since any mouse movement does not lead to any reaction of the mouse cursor, at least not within 30s.

The bug is not only in Hurnscald, but in Tulimshar too. The bug pops up later than in Hurnscald, but it is there, too. The game does not freeze outside of these towns.

Hurnscald storage: Same bug.

Not only the game freezes. I think the system freezes completely. I can't open another application, resp. it takes extremely long to get any reaction. I started top before Manaplus, and when the system freezes, i see 104% (!) CPU usage for XWindow.

I'm using the latest Manaplus on Linux (XUbuntu).

BTW: The bug occured short before the server migration, so it is not a server problem. The bug does not occure on other servers like f.ex. LOF.
Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

This probably mean you have bad video driver and it freeze whole system.
Before connecting to game, try change mode in settings in video tab from opengl to software. Or to safe opengl, restart client can try again.
Siegfried
Novice
Novice

Post by Siegfried »

Hi,

i tried, but it did not help.

I started top again before restarting manaplus, and already on the character selection screen i get over 100% cpu usage for manaplus. Then i selected a character and started. Character is in Hurnscald. Everything seems to be normal. I waited some time, nothing happened. Then i made a few steps, and Xorg hogs 100% cpu time.

I made a similar test some days ago. I stood still in Hurnscald, and nothing happened. But just after taking a few steps, the system freezed.

O.k., forgot to mention: I tested with "safe OpenGL. Now i tested with software. The problem is similar, but not to that extend. On the character selection screen i get 85% cpu usage. After being in Hurnscald, cpu usage drops to about 35%. After taking some steps, cpu usage rises to 85%. It sticks there even if i do nothing more.
Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

In software mode you have many parameters for tune in performance tab.
If your client once crashed before you connected to game, all this settings was reset to some safe values but most time slow.
Try enable/disable being caching, need client restart for apply setting
Siegfried
Novice
Novice

Post by Siegfried »

Hi,

sorry, but that's not the problem. If the client uses 35% cpu time, then this might not be very good, and might be optimized by some settings (or by a newer and stronger computer), but the problem is cpu usage goes up to 85% after taking some steps in Hurnscald. It is not that it goes up during walking. This would mean it would fall down to 35% after not doing anything, but when cpu usage goes up to 85%, it stays there, even if i do nothing.

An increase in cpu usage during movements is what i could understand. Although from 35% to 85% is really heavy. But o.k., calculating movements takes some more cpu than just displaying a still image. But fact is, when starting to move, cpu usage goes up from 35% to about 37%, not more. But then suddenly, after taking some steps, cpu usage goes up, and then stays there.

Another effect, when cpu usage rises, is, the screen is rebuilt. I can see this on all the player characters as well as NPCs. They are suddenly all naked, and slowly, about 1 item per second, they get their clothes. Unfortunately, after the screen is rebuilt, the cpu usage stays at 85%. With 85% i can move, but it's not o.k.
Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

Ok, now undestand. This is background loading. Probably for very low systems it can be issue wait until it complete in background.
If disable it, you will have total freeze after see some one new, but after some time all will go to normal.

In performance tab
disable option "enable compound sprite delay (software)"
Also if you have memory for game and only cpu issue here, disable option "disable being caching (software)"

In visual tab:
Move "gui opacity" slider to max right position.

Then restart client.

Btw what kind of CPU this? Arm?
SDN
Novice
Novice

Post by SDN »

Reporting map bug in front of Cindy cave. I think it has been there for a long time.
graph_bug1.png
graph_bug1.png (125.58 KiB) Viewed 14321 times
@Siegfried & Ozthokk:
Just curious, what is your PC specification?
omatt
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by omatt »

Hello,
The minimap of 046-3 don't has name, i think is because (in property) it is write "Name", and you must write "name".
https://github.com/themanaworld/tmwa-cl ... /046-3.tmx

Thank for reading this post.

manaplus 1.5.11.21, debian jessie.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
Saulc
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by Saulc »

Only 1 red box not 2 :D
013-3 bug.PNG
013-3 bug.PNG (384.67 KiB) Viewed 14199 times
-Regards
-MAF-Sualc
Feel Free to join Moubootaur Legends server now!
ML GitLab
ML Discord
SDN
Novice
Novice

Post by SDN »

Hmm, looks like Joan is bored to death so she got an error on her floor.
bugs1.png
bugs1.png (35.54 KiB) Viewed 11970 times