Focus

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Siegfried
Novice
Novice

Focus

Post by Siegfried »

Hi,

i have a question about how the focus skill works. I have the astral soul skill and focused on it. Then i used those job points to increment that astral soul skill. So far so good, although i did not see any advantage from that.

Then, just for testing, i incremented the brawling skill. But withoud beeing focused to it. So what exactly does this focusing do? The wiki does not say much about it.
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Focus

Post by SriNitayanda »

Focus skill, gives you extra bonus for raising certain stats, bonus you wouldn't have without Focussing on that skill. skill you have but dont focus on dont affect anything.
In order for a focused skill to be effective, you need to have the right stat for it too.
Astral soul gives you extra m. attack bonus for every INT point you raise, making spells much more effective. (ingrav more damage, betsanc lasts longer and reduces damage you take etc...)
M. eye increases accuracy for every DEX point you raise, it also increases your range up to a bonus of 3 range when your DEX is 100.
Speed increases your walking speed and attack speed for every agility point you raise.
Raging increases your critical chance in melee combat, it also makes STR a stat that affects critical chance. for example without raging skill your critical chance is determined by LUCK and DEX for melee combat, with raging skill STR LUCK and DEX all affect your critical chance.
Rest of the skills, brawling and poison resistance are quite useless and idk exactly how they work.
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
Siegfried
Novice
Novice

Post by Siegfried »

Thanks so far.

The Wiki says that you don't loose the bonus you gained so far when you re-focus. But as you said, the bonus is only given as long as you focus on it. But that would be impossible when you don't loose your bonus after refocussing. Or if bonus depends on focus, then you would loose that bonus when you re-focus. So what is true now? Is the bonus lost when re-focussing or not?

Next: You can advance the focussed skill up to 9. Wiki recommends to increase all these skills to maximum. Besides the question if that really makes sense, what is the difference in, let's say, astral soul skill level 1 and level 9?
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

Bonus is lost when refocussing on different skill, but than you gain the bonus of that skill. if you refocus on the previous skill again you'll gain its bonus again... you can refocus as many times as you want, as long as you can obtain a grimace of dementia, if you dont have the items to make one yourself, you can always buy it from other players.

The difference is huge can't remember exact numbers, but your m. attack without focussing on astral soul with 100 int and general mage equipment is about 230 (level 99 every level also gives you one bonus to m.attack), with astal soul its about 700 (without lazurite robe).
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
Siegfried
Novice
Novice

Post by Siegfried »

So this means that astral soul skill at level 9 gives absolutely nothing if not focused?
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

Every skill doesn't give you anything unless you focus on it. you can focus on one skill at a time and gain its bonus, you want to gain other bonus switch a skill.
If you are an archer you'll probably want to focus on speed or m. eye, to gain range accuracy, or attack speed and walk speed. if you are a warrior you'll probably want to focus on speed or raging, as mage you only got astral soul. you can always change stats and focus which will suit your playing style.
Siegfried
Novice
Novice

Post by Siegfried »

O.k., thanks for the explanations. I hope i got it now :)