desert temple?

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

yosuhara
Knight
Knight

desert temple?

Post by yosuhara »

i think we need some temples in desert , pyramid seems to be "dead" by now, so i think one temple should lay in ruins, it was lost for ages and once used to worship some kind of bloodthirsty god (me for example :twisted: ), it would be nice place for quest's (to clear that place from demonic ghosts, or quest to retrieve some sacred shrine as well as bring this shrine to temple, sacrifice human being and awake this god from his eternal sleep so he can crush the world into shards ONCE AND FOR ALL!!! or some other sweet stuff :) ). Other temple could be devoted to "it-doesn't-matter-what kind-of-god" and it could be still in use, nice and shiny.... (here u can become a favorite of your God, if u'r hard believer and spend time sacrificing items to him, then u maybe can get a priest "rank" or something don't know if it will be important or useless option, that's up to you)...

howgh
knivey
Novice
Novice

Post by knivey »

Don't want to get off topic but there should be followers of evil as well as good at least I think so. Maybe some kinda dark satanic temple where black magic is performed by people that steal your souls and such.

EDIT: The temple doesn't all have to be all above ground, there could be catacombs linking to the mines. How to keep followers of the oposite faith out of your temple? simple they explode into violent flames when they enter :lol:.
All your base are belong to us.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

i think that's a quite good idea. i am thinking about big, irregular sized sandstone bricks.

do you feel like making a tileset for it?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

Crush wrote:i think that's a quite good idea. i am thinking about big, irregular sized sandstone bricks.

do you feel like making a tileset for it?
i'll try to do some sketches to make up approximate overall look...
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

here is simple sketch.... maybe just too simple :D

EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

I dont call that a temple... When I think about a temple it must be big, very big. and this thing looks small. also the road to the temple must be very big because many people go to the temple. some eyecany for the road can be big statues etc. at least thats my opinion
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

this temple is ruined, forgotten by people long ago... it almost disappeared under the sand...
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

I agree it's a bit too small. It looks more like a grave or a mine like this.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

This is how I see the desert temple, but with a bit more detail... and some statues 'n stuff.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

i would really like to make a tileset for it. but i have to finish the woodland village first. it won't ever be finished when i start new projects over and over again.

come on yosuhara, i am sure you can do this. it isn't that difficult. mostly straight geometry. it would be a good opportunity to train your perspective skills.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

Crush wrote:i would really like to make a tileset for it. but i have to finish the woodland village first. it won't ever be finished when i start new projects over and over again.

come on yosuhara, i am sure you can do this. it isn't that difficult. mostly straight geometry. it would be a good opportunity to train your perspective skills.
i'll see what i can do...
Xephys
Novice
Novice

Post by Xephys »

Here you go Yosuhara.

Bigger:

Smaller:

So basicly, this temple is old, but not so old that it has fallen, but it is very slowly sinking lower and lower into the sand. Don't go easy on me because I it took me a whole days work.. :)
To eat or not to eat, that is the question!
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

steep stairs don't work well with the current engine. i would prefer modanungs design.
  • NOT a game master

Xephys
Novice
Novice

Post by Xephys »

Well, I suppose Yosuhara could make the entrance lower or something. Or make the steps very long :?
To eat or not to eat, that is the question!