Community Paid hosting vs. relying on an individual

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
Enga
Peon
Peon

Community Paid hosting vs. relying on an individual

Post by Enga »

in my world its not a question of resource but one of the heart.
and u messed with one of this, platyna, maybe come along, id be happy to see that.
next thing is merchandise, id love to have a can, teapod and mousepad, and also that neat boxed client with a printed map.

(Edit: Post was made in regards to This Thread
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Help Support TMW via Patreon

Post by wushin »

Nope, we are just asking the community to donate to keep the server running. So no one person has or can claim the burden is on them.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
Enga
Peon
Peon

Re: Help Support TMW via Patreon

Post by Enga »

you dont see. its no burden when from the heart, and some manpower there will be.
the merchandise let do its part.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Community Paid hosting vs. relying on an individual

Post by wushin »

Its a matter of heart and whether or not the community steps forward vs. relying an on individual as there have been a number of various problem from relying on a single person for hosting from dealing with support issues, unwanted roll-backs and having to move again due to lack of interest or ability to host the game anymore. This is a safeguard to keep the server going well after anyone currently playing is alive.
Enga
Peon
Peon

Post by Enga »

i understand, platinum though is an established host at the time being, she will do it for free and has less lag than what you may be aware anything else costs. rollbacks were as expected in a matter of 1 day(tier 1 hosting on this planet does it in 4 hours). the lack of interest was no real lack of interest of hosting tmw but "arguing" with uncomprehendable childish as well as plain bullying people. if some would talk to their host like they did to platyna they would plainly get kicked or canceled their contract. if some do what madcamel does, in the us he can get jailed.
the merchandise is an answer to your well suited fear though.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

The Manaworld .net has been Offline (since 04 Jan 2015 13:53:51). The current Admins Freeyorp, MadCamel and Wushin all have access to the Hosting and Support. Any new admins added will be able to maintain just the same as the others. This way no one person is liable or a blocker for the project.
Enga
Peon
Peon

Post by Enga »

i wanted tell its our* fears your talking towards.
maybe tell madcamel not being a prick and all goes well.
hes the guy ddosing a server that he was aware of holding some .edu projects for his plain ego.
me and platyna made him comprehend and he stoped for some time only...
hes not my captain here.
you wushin are the spirit keeping up what should be and i wish u all the best with it, maybe u reach the others.
i had too much fun in this game than to leave it off to just something now. your the right person at the right time.
talk with freeyorp as well as madcamel if they can see theirselves in opensource in the future. no matter their admin or not.
this game need people who truly listen, and that the one who started it straight away and tell what they think. its not me sitting in town or u waiting the input, its the new people. i mayself changed my way of plaing a lot over time, and i see i wont have that* fun when accomplishing to sit like i had years ago. u need to be aware of some kind of blindness we people get over the years. what some strip away after years being here was the plain reason for some to go on with tmw.
Enga
Peon
Peon

Post by Enga »

Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Enga wrote:in my world its not a question of resource but one of the heart.
and u messed with one of this, platyna, maybe come along, id be happy to see that.
next thing is merchandise, id love to have a can, teapod and mousepad, and also that neat boxed client with a printed map.

(Edit: Post was made in regards to This Thread
TMW had a server and an admin. Now the responsibility is blurred. Now Platinum are 3 servers in three geographic locations in two countries. Including a server bought by community and my private money. No to mention thet the Platinum Linux Non Profit exists since 18 years, it is longer than most of server providers on this world, and longer than larger part of people playing TMW live on this world. Without data loss, without being hacked.

All my long years efforts has been just despised.

PS. This year a decided for a comming out, as I am not going to be sorry or ashamed for who I am. I have Asperger's syndrome. I am who I am. I always wanted this project wellbeing.
veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by veryape »

Hi Platyna!

Firstly, no one despises your efforts. We all know that if it were not for you and your efforts this game would never have been the same as it is today. I think I speak for the whole of TMWC but at least I am thankful for all the hard work you have put in thru the years.

I was not around (as involved in the project) at the time of the split, so I won't discuss that any further as it has already been discussed at length.

IMO it is quite annoying to be called a power hungry kid. I believe that the system we have now where people who contribute to the game and become developers + gm's and admins are the ones that take decisions about it.

As GM's are polled on by the players they can be seen as some kind of guarantee of having a player perspective, we meet them nearly every day and chat with them. I do not think that responsibility is blurred, we are just easier to get in contact with as there is more of us to talk with.

Glad that Platinum is going strong and that you've not had any hackers and/or data losses.

Best regards
Characters: veryape / Captain Dunce / Elvara / veryapeGM
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

veryape wrote:Hi Platyna!

Firstly, no one despises your efforts. We all know that if it were not for you and your efforts this game would never have been the same as it is today. I think I speak for the whole of TMWC but at least I am thankful for all the hard work you have put in thru the years.
Words have no value for me, only actions. You do not take away someone's hard works by deceitful exploit of their trust if you do not despise them. Not only TMWC took away my works, they also tried to slander me and make me responsible for their screw ups made without my consent and/or knowledge. So if you keep repeating about how thankful TMWC is, it is no value for me - these are empty words. Make your actions reflect your works and you will be heard. If you are thankful then return the files to me and end that childlish power trip because I was an admin several years, while your leaders couldn't stand two months in this position. Do it also if you care for wellbeing of this project, as your stupid quarrels and your stupid decisions keeps destroying it. And making several social networks icons to pop everywhere isn't going to change it. Not to mention pumping users online using bots.
I was not around (as involved in the project) at the time of the split, so I won't discuss that any further as it has already been discussed at length.
Then collect all the available information before making opinions.
IMO it is quite annoying to be called a power hungry kid. I believe that the system we have now where people who contribute to the game and become developers + gm's and admins are the ones that take decisions about it.
The only reason for that split was when I constantly refused to grant them powers over community, hence the power crave is quite obvious. I never blocked any development (this is one of slanderous accusations that have been a subject of propaganda after the split).
As GM's are polled on by the players they can be seen as some kind of guarantee of having a player perspective, we meet them nearly every day and chat with them. I do not think that responsibility is blurred, we are just easier to get in contact with as there is more of us to talk with.
No, after the split this no longer apply. People such as Freeyorp, o11c etc. gained GM rights without any community consent. In fact community wasn't even asked about that.
Glad that Platinum is going strong and that you've not had any hackers and/or data losses.
It is strong since 18 years.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

Platyna wrote:
veryape wrote:Hi Platyna!

Words have no value for me, only actions. You do not take away someone's hard works by deceitful exploit of their trust if you do not despise them. Not only TMWC took away my works, they also tried to slander me and make me responsible for their screw ups made without my consent and/or knowledge. So if you keep repeating about how thankful TMWC is, it is no value for me - these are empty words. Make your actions reflect your works and you will be heard. If you are thankful then return the files to me and end that childlish power trip because I was an admin several years, while your leaders couldn't stand two months in this position. Do it also if you care for wellbeing of this project, as your stupid quarrels and your stupid decisions keeps destroying it. And making several social networks icons to pop everywhere isn't going to change it. Not to mention pumping users online using bots.
Then collect all the available information before making opinions.
The only reason for that split was when I constantly refused to grant them powers over community, hence the power crave is quite obvious. I never blocked any development (this is one of slanderous accusations that have been a subject of propaganda after the split).
No, after the split this no longer apply. People such as Freeyorp, o11c etc. gained GM rights without any community consent. In fact community wasn't even asked about that.
It is strong since 18 years.
Platyna, your condescending belligerent posts only reinforce why we had to leave your hosting environment.

Have a wonderful day!
Prsm
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
soseki
Novice
Novice

Post by soseki »

I thought veryape was a GM. Now he is an Admin. How did that happen and why was he given this kind of administration power?
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

soseki wrote:I thought veryape was a GM. Now he is an Admin. How did that happen and why was he given this kind of administration power?
viewtopic.php?p=144414#p144414
If you have any objections, i guess you missed the train about a year ago. well at least it can explain some stuff.
Platyna wrote:"Hate speech"
tl;dr
+1 to what prsm said.
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

prsm wrote:
Platyna, your condescending belligerent posts only reinforce why we had to leave your hosting environment.

Have a wonderful day!
Prsm
+1