Here's an Idea

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

blood618^_^
Peon
Peon

Here's an Idea

Post by blood618^_^ »

I apologize if i Keep on Popping in and out of the forums...

anyway: Here Some Ideas to work with...
=======================================

Make the Map into 3 Layers...

Set different Arrays on every Tileset.

Then Head on battle for the map making!
===========================

try gathering some resources outside the net...

like "RPG Maker" they have this software that can create RPG's in just a pow ! just a change of scripts and then done i think...

It may sound Easy but i know its hard... but you should check the Ideas on the PPG Maker XP .. so that you would see big differences and different techniques about Editing...

http://www.enterbrain.co.jp/tkool/RPG_XP/eng/

===========================
As Requested Faster Link
http://www.manaworld.cjb.net

I'll Make a Topic for the Emoticons List thankees
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

I've got no idea what you mean.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
knivey
Novice
Novice

Post by knivey »

I think he wants the map format to change to RPG maker or something.
All your base are belong to us.
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

Only 3 layers? :D
Check out how many we already have atm ;)
blood618^_^
Peon
Peon

Post by blood618^_^ »

So we have more than 3 layers???

================================

What im trying to say is ... We should get Idea's on how to make RPGs on RPG Maker and other else ... so that we will know how can our flatform stand up to its feet..

Here's a Screeenie:

Im maknig an RPG game in that flatform... and i just did so many maps in just 1 week ... if we could get atleast the positive things in RPG maker.. then we could atleast improve this game a bit and improvise it

(i know its good but if we can maximize the capacity.. why not ??? )

if making maps would that easy then I'll go for it..

You get your Tileset sizes and then just click and drag on what is passable and not...

Try getting one and do some experimenting on the software you will get what i mean
As Requested Faster Link

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I am still not sure what your point is.

Do you talk about the usability differences between the map editor of RPGMaker and Tiled, the map editor we are using?

If so could you please make a list of features you would like to see in Tiled? That would really help the Tiled development team.
But please keep in mind that Tiled is a generic map editor that isn't made specially for TMW but for all kinds of tile based engines (inluding side scrollers) and that it won't be worth the effort to create complex development tools just for tmw. we need all programmer resources for client and server development.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

blood618^_^ wrote:You get your Tileset sizes and then just click and drag on what is passable and not...
That's already possible with Tiled. The map editor we're using.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Ultim
Novice
Novice

Post by Ultim »

Here's my attempt at translation-
blood618^_^ wrote:Make the Map into 3 Layers...
"Perhaps tiles could utilize three different settings: a ground-tile setting, a wall-tile setting, and an additional transparency (fringe) setting."
blood618^_^ wrote:Set different Arrays on every Tileset.
"Allocate such settings through each tileset, accordingly."
blood618^_^ wrote:Then Head on battle for the map making!
"Yes indeed, and a forthright battle map!" (*Cannot guarantee accuracy)
blood618^_^ wrote:try gathering some resources outside the net...
"Send forth scouts to gain information [on map-making] from the real world; searching on the internet is not suggested."
blood618^_^ wrote:like 'RPG Maker' they have this software that can create RPG's in just a pow ! just a change of scripts and then done i think...
"RPG Maker's mapping system creates maps posthaste! A slight modification of code may be necessary."
blood618^_^ wrote:It may sound Easy but i know its hard... but you should check the Ideas on the PPG Maker XP .. so that you would see big differences and different techniques about Editing...
http://www.enterbrain.co.jp/tkool/RPG_XP/eng/
"Although I assure you that the process of getting and trying out RPG Maker comes with high levels of difficulty, it has viable strengths as well, justifying a proper trial-download by each TMW developer.
Therefore, I have referenced to a trusty link for which to download the program from: http://www.enterbrain.co.jp/tkool/RPG_XP/eng/ "

blood618^_^ wrote:So we have more than 3 layers???
"
Matt wrote:Only 3 layers?
Check out how many we already have atm
I recognize your statement, but firmly hold to my disbelief!"
blood618^_^ wrote:What im trying to say is ... We should get Idea's on how to make RPGs on RPG Maker and other else ... so that we will know how can our flatform stand up to its feet..
"I reiterate: We should in fact scour the internet for tutorials for already-established mapping systems (see: RPG Maker), to truly perfect the structure of The Mana World's map editor."
blood618^_^ wrote:Here's a Screeenie:
[screenshot of generic RPG Maker map editor experience]
"Thus follows a screenshot, further detailing my argument:
[I think he intended for us to see the apparent use of layers in this map editor. However his intent is not apparent.]"

blood618^_^ wrote:Im maknig an RPG game in that flatform... and i just did so many maps in just 1 week ... if we could get atleast the positive things in RPG maker.. then we could atleast improve this game a bit and improvise it
"I, too, am working on a two-dimensional role-playing game [with the use of RPG Maker], and I assure you my map production levels per one week were astounding! So you see, RPG Maker does in fact have potential in a few worthy features. TMW coders should take these very features for implementation in The Mana World, thereby heightening the power of The Mana World's map editor."
blood618^_^ wrote:(i know its good but if we can maximize the capacity.. why not ??? )
"I concede that The Mana World's map editor has valuable traits. However if map/tileset size can be increased, we should definitely increase it."
blood618^_^ wrote:if making maps would that easy then I'll go for it..
"If only your system of map-editing were more simple and easy to use while still leaving much power to the mapper himself, I would be so inclined to use The Mana World's map editor right away!"
blood618^_^ wrote:You get your Tileset sizes and then just click and drag on what is passable and not...
"Any lowly creator of maps may set the size of his map, [place the tiles on it as he sees fit], and then modify the layer of each tile (see portion above where I detail my tri-layer system) with a click-and-drag feature exclusively."
blood618^_^ wrote:Try getting one and do some experimenting on the software you will get what i mean
"Obtain and experiment with another map editor (refer back to my comments on already established mapping systems for further clarification) to grasp the true concept of my argument!"

Notes: Accuracy not guaranteed. One must ignore what he says to understand what he is trying to say. He often misuses "tileset" and "game" when he really means "map."

There, now perhaps we can continue this conversation more clearly.
blood618^_^
Peon
Peon

Post by blood618^_^ »

My Apologies about that...

that was a funny translation...

maybe i'll just shut up and post up some Tilesets later... Modanung understands me >.< *studying Tiled Program*

http://www.freewebtown.com/blood618s5/R ... r_2_81.rar

I found this Texture maker... Maybe this could help you on making things...

Please dont get mad at me
As Requested Faster Link

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

blood618^_^ wrote:My Apologies about that...

that was a funny translation...
but what we all want to know from you is which parts of it are correct and which are not what you meant.
http://www.freewebtown.com/blood618s5/R ... r_2_81.rar

I found this Texture maker... Maybe this could help you on making things...
Before i install it i would like to know if there is a homepage with some information about it. directly linked executables from private webspaces are usually suspicious.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

It is a shareware program and Google returns like 6 links about this. :P

Regards.
Altefcat
Peon
Peon

Post by Altefcat »

blood618^_^ wrote:So we have more than 3 layers???

================================

What im trying to say is ... We should get Idea's on how to make RPGs on RPG Maker and other else ... so that we will know how can our flatform stand up to its feet..

Here's a Screeenie:

Those tiles seem pretty, can you tell me where they come from ? are they freely usable ?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

i think they are the default tiles from rpgmaker.

I won't suggest using those tiles. They look "forcefully nostalgic" in my opinion. They look to me as if the artist intentionally tried to make some things worse than he could to simulate the look of the 16bit era. Besides they are the most overused tiles out there.

I am not sure what the license status of those tiles is. I am quite sure that they are royality free when used for rpgmaker games but i don't know what's enterbrains opinion about using their tiles with another engine.
  • NOT a game master

Altefcat
Peon
Peon

Post by Altefcat »

Crush wrote:i think they are the default tiles from rpgmaker.
I don't think so, I have just installed RPG Maker XP and cannot find this tileset; perhaps this is another tileset freely available ?

I do agree with you about EnterBrain : they do not allow using their tiles out of RPG Maker games; so sad...
Altefcat
Peon
Peon

question to blood618

Post by Altefcat »

Excuse me to ask again, but blood618 do you know where this tileset come from ?