My Art Designs (Orien)

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

I agree with Crush. :)
But really nice work on the temple interior.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Orien
Peon
Peon

Post by Orien »

ok ill stopp doing them
:lol: :lol: :lol:
joking
Ultim
Novice
Novice

Post by Ultim »

The concepts look really great, but would i be right to say that they would only work in a 3D game? High walls with intricate relief wrapping around to an open ceiling with the sun shining through. Rounded out floor-to-wall-to-ceiling caverns swooping up and down around pillars. Will this really work in a 2D-scripted game? Don't get me wrong, i'm sure it'd be breath-taking.
knivey
Novice
Novice

Post by knivey »

only if we do some kinda silly in game videos, these are concept drawings though.
All your base are belong to us.
Ultim
Novice
Novice

Post by Ultim »

But if you take away the stuff that doesn't work in a 2D environment and what do you have left? (untextured) Sand? A pillar (also untextured)? Am I being too negative?
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

The style of construction.

It is carved out of sandstone and dug downwards instead of the usual "dig into a mountain" style. Also I like the style used in the entrance and pillars very much. Somehow that meaningful looking ornament in the middle of a pillar just looks right for this cursed kingdom (counter-curse? a further curse for some devious purpose?).

Also there's some vegetation visible, which I think would also fit.

The elements are there, one just has to collect them. And this brings us to the topic of "Rotonen should be a lot more articulative about his visions", doesn't it? My workflow would include me asking of a pixel artist to pixellate an area or place that is conceptually ripe enough to be pixellated to be pixellated accompanied with a consultation about which elements should be kept and which should not (also what is possible to do and what is not). So far the conceptual progression has been so slow that the pixellers have had to stumble in the dark. I'm just glad that we've achieved so much pixelwise as we have.
This message used to be meaningful.
Ultim
Novice
Novice

Post by Ultim »

Okay. I understand now.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Ultim wrote:The concepts look really great, but would i be right to say that they would only work in a 3D game? High walls with intricate relief wrapping around to an open ceiling with the sun shining through. Rounded out floor-to-wall-to-ceiling caverns swooping up and down around pillars. Will this really work in a 2D-scripted game? Don't get me wrong, i'm sure it'd be breath-taking.
I'm convinced this is perfectly possible in a 2D game. Even with what we have now, software-wise. Also I'm sure it'll look great.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io