Auto-Equip toggle ?

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
Helleri
Newly Registered User

Auto-Equip toggle ?

Post by Helleri »

Sometimes when I get a weapon drop, after picking it up, and entering combat again, the weapon I had equipped is forced of equipped items and replaced by the weapon I picked up from my drop. This has happened continuously with daggers knocking my scythe off equipped items. I don't get this. Might make sense for the game to want to do this if it was a better weapon. But it isn't. Dagger is +15dmg and watching it carefully I have figured that it gets in 3 hits to every 1 of my scythe hits. Which means my scythe still does 30dmg more in the same tick time while allowing me to not get hit as much for having a longer attack range. But even in the case of a better weapon forcing my chosen equip off...I don't want that. I loathe hand holding mechanics and features. is there any way to disable this?
DragonStar
Peon
Peon

Re: Auto-Equip toggle ?

Post by DragonStar »

The fifth yellow bar setting apparently controls switching attack, and I think that's the cause of your problem.

Mouse-over the yellow bar at the top, and if the fifth setting down is anything other than (D) default attack, try changing it to that by pressing the key to the right of the setting until it's set to that, and then see if the problem is still happening.

You can also check and change the setting by going to Setup and then the Quick tab, again fifth down in the list.
Helleri
Newly Registered User

Re: Auto-Equip toggle ?

Post by Helleri »

yes, thank you that solved it. It took me a while though. Turns out my yellow bar (status bar as named in the "show option for it) was hidden.