Asking TMWC if using TMWChat as a shop is allowed

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
DragonStar
Peon
Peon

Asking TMWC if using TMWChat as a shop is allowed

Post by DragonStar »

I have a question for the TMWC: Am I, and other players allowed to use TMWChat to run player shops?

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19097
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: Asking TMWC if using TMWChat as a shop is allowed

Post by prsm »

Dragonstar, first, thank you for posting this here first.

I would give my one vote to yes, since we do stuff diplomatically here, you will have to wait for everyone else to also vote.

My rule of thumb is if a person doesn't gain xp, it should be considered safe.

Prsm
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Agree with Prsm.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

Before an incident like pclouds will happen again TMWC need to set some bot rules.
I'm as cool and comforting as the porcelain tiles on your bathroom floor during an evening of vomiting.
veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by veryape »

Since travlota has been allowed to run shops I don't see why other players should not be allowed. Same rights should apply for everyone imo.
Characters: veryape / Captain Dunce / Elvara / veryapeGM
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

deepthought wrote:Before an incident like pclouds will happen again TMWC need to set some bot rules.
We did update and clarify the rules on this. Its within the GMs discretion, but general guidelines is nothing that helps the player progress non-monetarily (i.e. shops are fine, but farming bots are not). The bot shouldn't spam, proactively interact with players, complete quests, gain levels, etc or anything would be considered game play.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

wushin wrote:
deepthought wrote:Before an incident like pclouds will happen again TMWC need to set some bot rules.
We did update and clarify the rules on this. Its within the GMs discretion, but general guidelines is nothing that helps the player progress non-monetarily (i.e. shops are fine, but farming bots are not). The bot shouldn't spam, proactively interact with players, complete quests, gain levels, etc or anything would be considered game play.
Good. I didn't know the rules have been decided. If you give the link the link or post the complete rules and i would update the wiki in friendly bots section.
I'm as cool and comforting as the porcelain tiles on your bathroom floor during an evening of vomiting.
DragonStar
Peon
Peon

Post by DragonStar »

wushin wrote:
Just to clarify, does whether players are allowed to use TMWChat to run player shops still require a vote by the TMWC then, or is it already allowed according to the current rules?
DragonStar
Peon
Peon

Post by DragonStar »

Thank you to Travolta for creating and releasing TMWChat, and to those who support players being allowed to use TMWChat (or otherwise) to run player shops. There appears to be pretty good support for allowing it, so I'm planning on checking out and using the shop mode starting sometime tomorrow, when hopefully I would have more time for that.
Travolta
Novice
Novice

Post by Travolta »

DragonStar wrote:Thank you to Travolta for creating and releasing TMWChat, and to those who support players being allowed to use TMWChat (or otherwise) to run player shops. There appears to be pretty good support for allowing it, so I'm planning on checking out and using the shop mode starting sometime tomorrow, when hopefully I would have more time for that.
Thank you, and good luck.