[WIP] Bandit Hood

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

cookie monster
Novice
Novice

[WIP] Bandit Hood

Post by cookie monster »

Q: What is the only thing more frustrating than not having a hat?
A: Having a hat that you can't wear!

Introducing: the Wearable Bandit Hood!
BanditHood1.png
BanditHood1.png (4.75 KiB) Viewed 13456 times
BanditHood2.png
BanditHood2.png (61.79 KiB) Viewed 13456 times
I haven't made any changes myself: these are just copy-pastes from the Bandit sprite. It uses the bowler hat xml so it's nice and easy to add in. Maybe could be dropped by the lord?

Note: only really works with bald hairstyle. Otherwise the hair sticks out and just looks silly.

Thanks to crazyfefefefe for killing that bandit next to me!
Last edited by WildX on 13 Oct 2016, 22:10, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added tag
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Bandit Hood

Post by wushin »

cookie monster wrote:Note: only really works with bald hairstyle. Otherwise the hair sticks out and just looks silly.
No worries about that. There are a number of hats where the hair does that already.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
sacriopsmen
Novice
Novice

Post by sacriopsmen »

.……………………._„„„--~””””¯””~-,
.………………„-~”¯;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;\
.…………„-~”;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;\
.…….„~”;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; \
.…,-“;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; \
.../;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;\
.…\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;\
.…..\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;\
.…….\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;\,
.………\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;”-,………………¸~””)
.………..\,;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;”-,……….,-~”;;;;;/
.……….…\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;\…..,~“;;;;;;;,-‘.…_,-~"¯¯"~-,
.……….…..\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;”,-“;;;;;;__„-~"¯¯:::,-~~-,_::::"-„
.……….……\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;„~”;;;;„~"¯::::::::::::::":::::::::::::::: ::\
.……….…….\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;,-~”__„„„-"::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"~-,
.……….……..\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ,-~”-~"::,-'::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::"~-,
.……….………\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;„~":: __„-~":::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::"-,
.……….……….\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;_„-~”:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::_„„-~,~~~~--,:|
.………_„„„----~~\.……;;;;;,„-~”¯¸„„--~-,::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: _,-~":'\'-,:\:|:\|::\|\:|:\:|
...,-~”¯;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;”-;_„„-~”::::::,-‘::::_:::::::::\:\:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::,~':\'-,::',"-\
...”-,_;;;;;;;_¸„„--~~””_,-'"~----":|::/,~"¯"-::|::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,~"::\'-,:\;;'-';;;;;;
.…….¯¯¯.………,-':::::::::::::::\'-\~"¯_/:::/::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,-',::\'-,:|::";;;;;;;;;;;;,-':\:'-,::\
.……….…………|::::::::::::::::::\¸:'~'::::,-'::,':::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,-':\'-,:\'-,';;';;;;;;;;;;;;;,-':\:::'\-,|''
.……….………...|::,-~"::::::::::::/"~-~"::,-'::::::::::::::::::::::::_,-~':\'-,|:"'";;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-'¯::'-,:',\|
.……….………../::/::::::::::::::::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::_,„-~"¯\:\'-,|;''-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-'--,::\-:\:\|
.……….………/::::|::::::::::::::::|::::::::::::::::::::::::,-';;'-';;;;',/;\/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-.,|
.……….……./:::::::\:::::::::::::::|:::::::::::::::::::::,-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-~'''("-.,\:::|\:|::''
.……….…...,':::::::,'::::::::::::::|:;::::::::::::: ::::,-'/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,--'::::::/"~'
.……….…..,'::::::::|:::::::::::::::|::::::::::::::, „-~"::|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-'::::::::,'::::/
.……….…./:::::::::|:::::::::::::„-|--~~""¯¯¯::',:::::,';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,':::::::|_ ,-'
.………...,'::::::::::::",:,-~"¯::::|::::"-,::::::::::|:::/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,':::::::|::::,'
.………../:::::::::::::::|:::::::::::::|::::::"-,:::::::\:::|¯¯¯"""~-,~,_/:::::,':::/
.……..,-“::::::::::::::::|::::::::::::|::::::::::"~-,_::|::\: : : : : : |: : \::::::::/:/
.…..,-“:::::::::::::::::::|::::::::::::|::",:::::::::::: :"-':::\: : : : : :|: : :\::::::|::|\
...,-“::::::::::::::::::::::\::::::::::::|::::",::::::: :::::::::::\: : : : : :\: : :|:::::|::|;;\
.-“:::::::::::::::::::::::::::"-,::::::::|:::::::",:::::::::::::::/|\ ,: : : : : : : |::::,'/|::::|
.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"-,::::::|:::::::::"-,_::::::::::\|:/|,: : : : : : :|:::|'-,/|:::|
.:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"~-,|_::::::::::::::"~-,_:::"-,/|/\:::::::::::\:::\"-/|::|
.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|:::"~-,_::::::::::::',"-,:::"_|/\:|\: : : : \::\":/|\|
.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|:::::::: :::"~-,_:::::\:::\:::"~/_:|:|\: : : '-,\::"::,'\
.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|:::::::: ::::::::::"-,_:'-,::\:::::::"-,|:||\,-, : '-,\:::|-'-„
.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|:::::::: :::::::::::::::,-,'"-:"~,:::::"/_/::|-/\--';;\:::/:||\-,
.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|:::::::: ::::::::::::::/...'-,::::::"~„::::"-,/_:|:/\:/|/|/|_/:|
.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|:::::::: :::::::::::::|……"-,::::::::"~-:::::""~~~"¯:::|
.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|:::::::: :::::::::::::|………"-,_::::::::::::::::::::::::::/
.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|:::::::: :::::::::::::\………….."~--„___„„-~~"
.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|:::::::: ::::::::::::::\...............
.:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::O::::::::: :::::::::::::\..............
.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::\
.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::\
--------YOU SIR ARE A GENIUS

and this ascii is quite broken.
Ingame : "Lord Vlad" my archer-healer or "nanogreedy" my vunerable and pretty useless tank.
I also have an archer used as a shop : Vladshop. But it's not my favourite.
Oriathelus
Newly Registered User

Post by Oriathelus »

wushin wrote:
cookie monster wrote:Note: only really works with bald hairstyle. Otherwise the hair sticks out and just looks silly.
No worries about that. There are a number of hats where the hair does that already.
Is there some way to do the player's hair change to bald through script when he equips a hat? That would be very nice.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

Oriathelus wrote:Is there some way to do the player's hair change to bald through script when he equips a hat? That would be very nice.
Yeah, that's possible ;)
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
Babarabatiri
Newly Registered User

Post by Babarabatiri »

Oriathelus wrote:Is there some way to do the player's hair change to bald through script when he equips a hat? That would be very nice.
http://manaplus.org/items.xml#replace_node
Rein
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rein »

i was just talking bout this other day . we need this .
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

The bandit mob has to be cleaned up and re-shaded, so cutting equipments out of it is a bad idea IMO.
The hood also features a bad perspective, but it shouldn't be that hard to fix it, the hardest part is to fix the shading on it. :?

If anyone is interested into cleaning up bandit sprite(s), I can guide you into doing so. :)
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Saulc
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Re: [WIP] Bandit Hood

Post by Saulc »

hello this is my first try ;D
the part under chin its not a part of hat its part of chest you can check with yourself :D
testhat.png
testhat.png (2.17 KiB) Viewed 13182 times
enjoy
Micksha
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Micksha »

Update on this one: Making the bandit mob Micksha style will mean creating bandit boots, bandit trousers, bandit gloves, a bandit hood and bandit shemagh. The mob will be created with racesprite and these items, plus forest armor. It is WIP and will be finished soon.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Micksha wrote: 10 Apr 2019, 15:43 Micksha style
Hell yeah, Micksha style 8)

TMW Team member

EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

Please do post the WIP, I would love to see :wink:
Micksha
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Micksha »

Hey, here is a makeup picture of the overhauled bandit:

Update as per EJlol comment (the ear issue will remain, sorry for this).
bandit_makeup.png
bandit_makeup.png (7.53 KiB) Viewed 11114 times
(This one uses an Orc sprite as race).

All parts of equipment are gainable and equipable, as explained. Female trousers pending then its ready to be shipped.

Please comment :)
Last edited by Micksha on 11 Apr 2019, 13:45, edited 1 time in total.
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

His ears are sticking out on the front view, but not on the side view. Either the side view should have a hole, or the ears shouldn't stick out :P

I'm also not sure about the outline of the front view. It is a lot better then it was, but I guess still a little bit too visible? I guess I would darken the part behind his head? Is it also possible to add some transparant shadow to his face? Or would that not look good?

Great improvement overal :D
Saulc
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by Saulc »

Nice to see you revive this art.
I should found back my bandit shemagh.
anyway keep it up mick !
Feel Free to join Moubootaur Legends server now!
ML GitLab
ML Discord