[PASSED] Octer (aka mas886 and Red Nose) for GM

A forum for the community to suggest new Game Masters. PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Forum rules
1. Each member of the community can make a topic (poll) suggesting another person for a GM. You can't make a poll for yourself.
2. One topic per person, any duplicates will be removed and votes will be lost.
3. Each poll has to be done according to the schema (yes has to be first option and no the second):
"Do you agree for person X to become a GM?"
"Yes."
"No."
You are supposed to allow only one option per user and allow revoting.
You are supposed to pick "run for 0 days".
4. A person suggested has to collect at least 45 votes (or more) for yes, with minimum 75% for yes and maximum 25% for no (3:1 ratio).
5. A person suggested may request closing of the topic.
6. Only posts containing valid pros and cons are allowed in the threads, discussions however are not allowed. For discussions about particular case use Player Talk forums.
7. If a person collects the required votes, assuming there are free positions and no objections are raised, they'll be granted "Junior GM" rights for a certain period.
8. After training and approval from the senior GMs, the team will formally grant full GM rights and team membership.
9. If many persons will gain required voices, voice count will matter.
10. The amount of GMs to pick in certain time line will be determined by the TMW Team (Admins, GMs and developers).
11. Persons rejected due lack of free positions will be put on hold till any position becomes available (according to vote count).
12. If more than a year passes, a new poll must be open to ensure the community is still fine with the nomination.
13. Usual GM choosing criteria and guidelines still apply, persons not meeting those criteria will be rejected and will have their thread closed.
14. Sockpuppeting will be detected and all accounts, including the master's one will be banned forever without warning. There is one vote per person, and a person means a human being not a forum account.
15. If this forum will turn into a flame war cave, people posting here will act unreasonably and will break the rules on massive scale, forum will be closed down. So use it wisely.
16. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
17. State EXACT player name that clearly identify a person (in game or on forums - precise which one it is).
18. After a candidate receives required amount of votes, the poll is closed, a candidate reviewed by the TMW Committee and asked (or not - in case of valid objections) to become a GM.
19. You need to have at least 10 posts to participate in the polls.

Octer for GM?

Yes
93%
No
7%

Total votes: 43
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

[PASSED] Octer (aka mas886 and Red Nose) for GM

Post by SriNitayanda »

Some GMs are not active lately and perhaps even want to take a step back, so we thought of nominating few candidates. We had few candidates in mind and some of them already got nomination poll's running.
So why Octer if we had others in mind, well i wrote a limerick to say why (a bit late for the competition i know):

Octer doesn't belong to any faction
So he'll be unbiased when he takes action
He also speaks spanish
And will make bots vanish
Octer as a GM will be the new attraction!

Besides the above reasons, Octer already helped the GMs when we needed help communicating with Spanish speaking players. He is an active town sitter, meaning he logs in everyday and can be reached through game channels. I think he'll be more helpful as a GM than a town sitter, so why not give him the job if he accepts it? (I asked him he accepts the nomination)

Anyway you decide, so here is the poll.
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Octer (aka mas886 and Red Nose) for GM

Post by veryape »

I voted for yes with the reasons being that he is a good player that has always been helpful towards other players as far as I am aware.
He is nearly always online, knowing spanish is a big plus because of the number of players we have that speak spanish.

Octer for GM!
Characters: veryape / Captain Dunce / Elvara / veryapeGM
omatt
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by omatt »

Yes, of course.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

I also voted yes, he would make a great addition to the team!

Prsm
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
SDN
Novice
Novice

Post by SDN »

Voted "yes" for Count Octer to be a GM! :mrgreen:
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

omatt wrote:Yes, of course.
Exactly my first thought, for already listed reasons :alt-3:
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
Silent Dawn
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Silent Dawn »

Rednose as a GM? Claro que si :D

P.S: Dont let this poll and the other ones running die. We have only 2 active GM's at the moment, we need more GM's. So please think which player would be a good addiction to the GM team in your opinion and vote;)

... again, rednose as GM? Yeshhhh
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

Definitively yes! :)
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Lalica
Newly Registered User

Post by Lalica »

Yes ! Octer GM :alt-7:
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

Hurray! Octer for GM!! I've know octer for a while. He's a young kid who's interested in programming, electronics. Works hard and always listens to you when you got problems. He follows game rules and i bet he would be very good GM. Also he's Catalonian from spain. Fluent in Spanish and English and i think he can understand Portuguese to some extent.

PS: I know this isn't a discussion forum but i request TMWC to do something with GM elections. It takes way too long to elect a GM. Nitay took one year and Arkhen still needs 14 votes, even after a year. We don't have 45 people active in forums.
I'm as cool and comforting as the porcelain tiles on your bathroom floor during an evening of vomiting.
Tibor
Newly Registered User

Post by Tibor »

I'am vote yes
Saulc
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by Saulc »

More GM. More event. More fun. more player that will be great :D
I voted YES sir Octo <3
Feel Free to join Moubootaur Legends server now!
ML GitLab
ML Discord
shadowwolf5797
Newly Registered User

Post by shadowwolf5797 »

I vote yes for Octer as GM.
thusmark
Peon
Peon

Post by thusmark »

GM Team needs to be more fashionable, so definitely a fantastic choice.
Micksha
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Micksha »

Yea Octer for GM!!! I will vote as soon as I got my 20 posts in here, lol.
:D