TMW chat client

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
soseki
Novice
Novice

Re: TMW chat client

Post by soseki »

omatt wrote:
soseki wrote:Care to explain how manachat works?
It looks like a great project, will it support android devices or maybe ipads too ?
I think yes :
Travolta wrote:I can't believe it! I managed to run TMWChat on Android! Few things don't work (online list, notifications etc), but otherwise it's fully functional chat client :-)

That's tmwChat :wink:
“I do not want your admiration now, because I do not want your insults in the future. I bear with my loneliness now, in order to avoid greater loneliness in the years ahead. You see, loneliness is the price we have to pay for being born in this modern age, so full of freedom, independence, and our own egotistical selves.”
sacriopsmen
Novice
Novice

Post by sacriopsmen »

Hi, if possible, could you explain I bit better how I could possibly install this on arch linux, pretty please ?
Ingame : "Lord Vlad" my archer-healer or "nanogreedy" my vunerable and pretty useless tank.
I also have an archer used as a shop : Vladshop. But it's not my favourite.
Redletuce
Newly Registered User

Post by Redletuce »

Can someone help me? I am on windows and don't know anything about this program or emacs, all I want to do is install it and use it for my shop. I can't seem to find a tutorial, or anyone knowledgeable on emacs for windows. can someone give me a simple step by step guide on how to connect ManaChat and Emacs? I have them both installed, and Snarl which I don't think I need or want. I just want to run my shop when im offline and check my characters when I get back. Emacs 24.5 Thanks for the help! <3
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

You don't need Emacs for ManaChat, the client that uses Emacs-lisp is tmwchat. For ManaChat you need is python 2.7 (and python-construct, and ncurses). Not sure if ncurses is available for Windows, but I know ManaChat also has a Kivy GUI (which may run on Windows)
Redletuce
Newly Registered User

Post by Redletuce »

Travolta wrote:Version 1.1:
  • Shop command !invlist to show all items in shop inventory.
  • Shop admins now can retrieve any item from shop.
  • Command /where to show current location.
  • Command /goto <x> <y> to walk!
  • Other small bug fixes and improvements.
I made a video tutorial for Windows users about setting up TMWChat. The ending is a bit sloppy, I had to cut it, 'cos I accidently "flashed" my password :P https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkF7XXOv-ew

I Get to the part of this video where he launches the Run.bat, and when I do the same it opens for a second then closes unlike his. I am on windows 7 ultimate, Please help!!! I would love to use this program.
Redletuce
Newly Registered User

Post by Redletuce »

meko wrote:You don't need Emacs for ManaChat, the client that uses Emacs-lisp is tmwchat. For ManaChat you need is python 2.7 (and python-construct, and ncurses). Not sure if ncurses is available for Windows, but I know ManaChat also has a Kivy GUI (which may run on Windows)

Can you tell me if there is a simple way to have my shop sell stuff when I am not at home? that is all I am trying to achieve.
Redletuce
Newly Registered User

Post by Redletuce »

Can someone tell me how to log in? Image

This is what I get when I type
M-x tmwchat

it then wants a password, and i dont know the format of which to type my info.
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

"Unregistered ID".. that's pretty much self-explanatory. You need to configure tmwchat with the right username and password

Code: Select all

M-x customize-group tmwchat
Redletuce
Newly Registered User

Post by Redletuce »

meko wrote:"Unregistered ID".. that's pretty much self-explanatory. You need to configure tmwchat with the right username and password

M-x customize-group tmwchat

where is this done?
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

That place where it says M-x
tmwchat.png
tmwchat.png (16.56 KiB) Viewed 3786 times
Also, please refrain from making multiple posts in a row; you can use the "edit" function
Redletuce
Newly Registered User

Post by Redletuce »

No I mean where I put my character log in info... anything I put it in and save doesnt seem to work. okay i wont spampost thanks for the tip :)
deimos
Newly Registered User

Post by deimos »

@redletuce you should try to understand how emacs works, maybe it'll make things clearer
Travolta
Novice
Novice

Post by Travolta »

Hiya, sorry for late response.

Lately I'm not working on TMWChat, I'm mostly concentrated on ManaChat, which will have all features of the first, and much more. It's a fully functional chat client (still some bugs to be fixed), it has shop plugin (unfinished), lazytree plugin (unfinished), guildbot plugin (unfinished), battlebot plugin (forbidden!), notifications, writing chat logs to files, plugin to interact with npcs (early stage), and I have millions of plans to extend it.

I will release an update to TMWchat that fixes the "duplicate nicknames" issue, but it's unlikely I will keep adding new features. About problems setting it up, you need to google how to use Emacs, because it's a whole new world, and I had lots of fun creating TMWchat and learning.

Stay tuned.
Proton
Peon
Peon

Post by Proton »

To be as stupid proof as possible.

you install emacs:

sudo apt-get install emacs
download and unpack tmwchat somewhere
https://bitbucket.org/rumly111/tmwchat/downloads

in ~/.emacs.d/init.el
(you create it, if it doesn't exist)
you put the bellow code with the correct parameters.

(add-to-list 'load-path "/path/to/tmwchat/directory")
(require 'tmwchat)
for options
use this command "emacs -f customize-group" , then immediately type "tmwchat".
Or, in normal emacs "alt-x" then "customize-group" and then "tmwchat".

then you run it with:

emacs -f tmwchat
If you want the terminal version, you run:

emacs -nw -f tmwchat
(to quit this version [Ctrl-x, Ctrl-c])
Travolta
Novice
Novice

Post by Travolta »

I'm giving you an update on ManaChat (https://bitbucket.org/rumly111/manachat). A lot of work was done, the shop mode plugin is finished, manaboy is up and running. Polishing the code, fixing bugs. The latest version 0.7 I claim to be usable.
I run 3 bots on a computer, and each consumes only 12Mb RAM (compared to 50Mb of TMWchat). I migrated Hollywood Shop to the new client. _IRC_ bot is based on ManaChat code, which is also cool. For those who want to use only shop mode, you can set up the items and prices in manaplus, and copy "shoplist.txt" file to ManaChat. But it's also good as chat client for TMW, providing both console and graphical user interfaces.