I will no longer be doing spawn party's in hurnscald!

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

I will no longer be doing spawn party's in hurnscald!

Post by prsm »

Sorry folks, I have to stop doing spawn party's in hurnscald because trav complained to me that it interferes with his shop.

Prsm
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
Dustman
Novice
Novice

Re: I will no longer be doing spawn party's in hurnscald!

Post by Dustman »

lol
DragonStar
Peon
Peon

Post by DragonStar »

Why not just do the spawn party and then revive the shops afterwards, only spawn non-aggressive mobs where they would be, or temporarily make it so that aggressive mobs won't attack them, but forbid (or better, prevent) the abuse of that, e.g. attacking, healing, using magic or moving while it would be in effect?
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

Actually, shops can still trade while dead (players need to use the /trade <player> or /buy <player> command).

But, as said times and times again, spawn parties in town not only affect shops but also affect new players trying to do low-level quests in Hurnscald. The worst part is they respawn in the hospital and then they can't escape to another map because they don't have enough def so they are stuck in an infinite cycle of die/respawn/die/respawn until the spawn party is over. Some players trying out the game for the first time have actually left and never came back because of that.

To solve this problem, we have made mass genocide opt-in instead of opt-out by giving GMs a big island just for that. The sad thing is they don't seem to want to use the tools available to them and still spawn directly in town. If GM Island (aka Event Island aka Easter Island) is too big for a small spawn party you could still use other maps like the one with the evil obelisk. Last time Wushin complained about that you used the evil obelisk map for a little while, then completely forgot and went back with the genocide option.

Code: Select all

<wushin> Should script it to insta-kill the GM
<wushin> and warp them to bot check
^ That might be a bit too harsh, so I've been instead working on making @warp impossible to spawn harmful (aggro) mobs in towns. That's still WIP though.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

We spawn in town because that's the way it's been done since I started in 2007.

It's always been that way, But now we have to bow out so players can sell items.

I guess it's a win/lose for the players, they get access to items they may want, but lose out on spontaneous spawn parties.
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
Travolta
Novice
Novice

Post by Travolta »

Spawn parties in town are fun, they should happen every now and then. But it would be nice to revive afk players and shops after it's over. I complain because it's a lot of trouble bringing back the shop to it's place (turn of tmwchat, log in from manaplus, walk back, turn off manaplus, turn in tmwchat).
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

RPGs are more about playing/fighting than shops though ;)
I always loved spawn parties in Hurn and am sad that they became less and less.
I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
Raffe
Novice
Novice

Post by Raffe »

Could shops not be asked to go to a marketplace just outside town or in some building ?
And then if insisting on staying in town - accept to be dead for a while.