Merge game name

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
dragoon84
Novice
Novice

Merge game name

Post by dragoon84 »

I have this poll idea because if is a new game there should be a name for it.
The poll is off due to some negative opinions and now the players have stand to the name that the developers and committee choose :alt-=:
Last edited by dragoon84 on 26 Jul 2016, 17:57, edited 1 time in total.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Merge game name

Post by wushin »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_triviality

The project should retain all names & domains; The Mana World, Evol & Manaplus. TMW has the strongest brand out of all of them (viewed via search) All domains should point to the same content once the web merge is complete. Renaming the project is too early for this point of the process. If the name changes wait for it to develop organically as the players will eventually come up with a name for it on their own.

With that I see no problem in this thread but I doubt anything will come of it for a long time based on the URL I included.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
dragoon84
Novice
Novice

Post by dragoon84 »

This isn't a trivial matter because players must have a word on this. If the name should stay or not is up to all and perhaps an awesome name will appear that would make history on this game.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

I disagree with both of you.

1. A name represents a brand. This is very important, and names often decide the success of a brand from the very start. Noticed how most social media websites follow a two-syllable pattern? Often ending in -er? Names are important. A trivial matter would be discussing the background for the loading screen, not the face of the game that a name and a logo would be.

2.This is actually a perfect example of something that TMW would take too far with their democratic system. Naming should be up to the development team based on the planned identity of the game. This should not be a poll or even a discussion on here.

TMW Team member

Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

I agree with WildX.
Though, I would still like to add that even projects that are funded through crowdfunding still decide their name, the project is paid by the community, but we are not.
But oh well, let's see what the community thinks of it!

PS: did we not already decide to name the project "The Alternative UFB World of Mana International Online" ?
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Reid wrote:The Alternative UFB World of Mana International Online
.net

TMW Team member

wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

The Official Alternative
.:WildX:. wrote:
Reid wrote:The Alternative UFB World of Mana International Online
.net
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
omatt
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by omatt »

mana.evol :mrgreen:
dragoon84
Novice
Novice

Post by dragoon84 »

Reid wrote: "The Alternative UFB World of Mana International Online" ?
I don't understand the part "UFB" and if this will be the name it be a total disaster because in short terms will be TAUFBWMIO. Just think about this post and choose another name. I choose the name TMW.Phenix.evol because its a game rising from its ashes. :alt-9:
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

dragoon84 wrote:
Reid wrote: "The Alternative UFB World of Mana International Online" ?
I don't understand the part "UFB" and if this will be the name it be a total disaster because in short terms will be TAUFBWMIO. Just think about this post and choose another name. I choose the name TMW.Phenix.evol because its a game rising from its ashes. :alt-9:
That was a joke.

TMW Team member

deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

Lol, really ? Name change ? I insist that we keep the same name as it is because most people know this game as The Mana World. We have already established a good name and even if you google search the mana world, you will find quite a number of results to it. Github, wikipedia, game reviews, games in gnu/linux..there's a lot. IMO changing the name is not a good idea. If players really need a new name, we can go for, "The Mana World 2.0".
I'm as cool and comforting as the porcelain tiles on your bathroom floor during an evening of vomiting.
Micksha
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Micksha »

I agree its the heads of development to choose a name for the project. But a working title would be nice I guess.. I call it "TMWE" or "TMWEvol", short for "The Mana World Evolution" :)
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

deepthought wrote:Lol, really ? Name change ? I insist that we keep the same name as it is because most people know this game as The Mana World. We have already established a good name and even if you google search the mana world, you will find quite a number of results to it. Github, wikipedia, game reviews, games in gnu/linux..there's a lot. IMO changing the name is not a good idea. If players really need a new name, we can go for, "The Mana World 2.0".
+1

If you plan on merging TMW with another game based off TMW, The Mana World 2.0 Sounds more fitting. Removing the brand of TMW is just wrong unless you leave TMW the way it is and go develop a whole new game on it's own without the merge of TMW databases.
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
dragoon84
Novice
Novice

Post by dragoon84 »

ok than they should remove the TMW from the Manaplus and Evolonline clients :twisted: Do you agree with this Chica-Maria??
Slimor
Peon
Peon

Post by Slimor »

TMW-E