[FUSION] [DIS] TMW player compensation scheme

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

dragoon84
Novice
Novice

Re: [DIS] TMW player compensation scheme

Post by dragoon84 »

Forget about the compensation and make new and old start from fresh. :alt-0:
Ash (Ringo-Chan)
Newly Registered User

Post by Ash (Ringo-Chan) »

dragoon84 wrote:Forget about the compensation and make new and old start from fresh. :alt-0:
Well partly i agree with you., but is not a bad idea keep some rare items for the new proyect.
(ノ・ω・)ノ
dragoon84
Novice
Novice

Post by dragoon84 »

but the economy of tmw is a mess and bring rares to the new game will mess it up too
TeZeR.D
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by TeZeR.D »

dragoon84 wrote:but the economy of tmw is a mess and bring rares to the new game will mess it up too
the economy of TMW is rares lol
dragoon84
Novice
Novice

Post by dragoon84 »

That is the reason for the mess that TMW economy is in. Since there are too many rares and no one want to do the quests. I don't have rares and i don't need them because i do the quest and don't do all the events :alt-3:
The rares should be only weapons and mounts nothing more than that.
TeZeR.D
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by TeZeR.D »

dragoon84 wrote:That is the reason for the mess that TMW economy is in. Since there are too many rares and no one want to do the quests. I don't have rares and i don't need them because i do the quest and don't do all the events :alt-3:
The rares should be only weapons and mounts nothing more than that.
no, the reason the economy is a "mess" is because players have cornered the market. the difference between rich and wealthy is too high. its too hard to get rares, as you'd have to grind forever, the rares themselves are fine. the grind, no. quests are easy for the most part and guess what? all the hard quests means you have to grind forever too!
dragoon84
Novice
Novice

Post by dragoon84 »

yes some quest are hard and others are impossible because of this i am stuck in one of the impossible quests.
MAF-Apane
Novice
Novice

Re: [FUSION] [DIS] TMW player compensation scheme

Post by MAF-Apane »

Hi !
I thought a very long time about what sort of compensation could have player.

1- First like Rein said, keep pleyrs's lvl but reset stats and let them assign. And delete items to begin a new fresh economy.

2- Delete stat, but keep some especialy items : unique items just obtainable with a quest. Like forest bow, forest armor, terra armor, sorcerer, illia items... And make a x4 xp the first week to help the players who was present for the merge.
For GP, i think they should be delete to begin with a healthy economy.

I hope the merge will be a rebirth a TMW and will give back to TMW his popularity.
Speiros
Novice
Novice
Location: Born in Candor, living as a nomad around Tulimshar and Woodland areas.

Re: [FUSION] [DIS] TMW player compensation scheme

Post by Speiros »

Well, as a player who started in either 2009 or 2010, I have left twice, and am back for my third leg of the game. I gave my char items away when I left, both times, and I don't really care about having any items in the new game. The comments below are my opinions, and nobody is required to agree, nor to disagree, but do as you choose.

I don't agree with holding onto some item for a new game. If that's the case, can I get credits based on my resume? It seems illogical to bring the past into the future, like a ball and chain.

The game is the important bit, and I believe also that ALL items that are introduced to the game should be released and be obtainable by all, if they:
1) reach the level required,
2) pay the money, or
3) do the correct quests.

I also think that some items shouldn't be tradeable, even in this category, such as a special weapon at a certain level. This would make higher levels
easier, in that a monster could only be killed with certain weapons, and if they are only useable at higher levels (like the banshee bow), but minimised for lesser monsters, this would make it like changing the gears in a car as such.

That being said, I think a series of rings (no-use items) should be made reflecting the manaworld legacy. A legacy ring with levels on it, or something similar, or even a series of them. Something they can display, but it doesn't do anything else, except look good. Maybe even make it sparkle, like gold, or a gem in the sun. Hey, it worked for Snoop Dogg, and even Ali G (innit Alige)! 8)

We had the hats, so why not use rings? Maybe allowing for a certain finger to have an identifying ring specifically from the past? We have plenty of fingers, so maybe we could allot more than one space for the ring? Even if it is just for display. That way there could be, not the rare item carried over, but a ring mentioning that the person HAD a rare item, or two, or twenty (as long as they were different items), or that they WERE a certain level, or even that they have been involved with the game for X amount of years.

As for devs and contributors, I think the t-shirts/caps are awesome, and should be something similar.
_

Let me help you understand pirate talk.
Arrrr!!! (The letter "R", and any other sentence or emotion imaginable, excepting the following ones); Arrrr!!! (angry "R"); Arrrr!!! (relaxed "Aaahh"); Arrrr!!! ("Man Overboard! Quick! Grab the ropes! Loosen the raft!"); Arrrr!!! ("What a lovely day! Sun shining..."); Arrrr!!! ("Oh no. Looks like more rain. Are our garments dry? Can we stop using them as a secondary sail yet?")