[Lin] [Bug] Graphical Glitches

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Pawneeboy
Novice
Novice

[Lin] [Bug] Graphical Glitches

Post by Pawneeboy »

I have found a couple of graphical glitches in the game, 1. Some decapitated trees (they only becomes decapitated in certain spots, i have screenies of that glitch) 2. The worse of the 2, I would be playing and at a random time i would see other players and NPCs chest naked and headless and if i proceed into another area the screen would go white and the mobs, players and NPCs would leave trails (like the collision map...and i can't record a screenie when this happens). The only way to fix it is a relog, and 50-50 chance my character will be left stranded on the server.

I am using Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS and my specs are a Intel i-3 3220T processor and a Intel 2500HD graphics chipset and 8 gigs of DDR3 memory.
Attachments
ManaPlus_Screenshot_server.themanaworld.org_2016-08-28_18-13-39_2.png
ManaPlus_Screenshot_server.themanaworld.org_2016-08-28_18-13-39_2.png (794.1 KiB) Viewed 2792 times
ManaPlus_Screenshot_server.themanaworld.org_2016-08-28_18-13-37_1.png
ManaPlus_Screenshot_server.themanaworld.org_2016-08-28_18-13-37_1.png (775.62 KiB) Viewed 2792 times
I'm John H., Tom Foolery, Dresden (not German), King Fisher, Clay, John Frost and Preacher. :alt-6: :alt-7:
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Re: [Lin] [Bug] Graphical Glitches

Post by Reid »

Pawneeboy wrote:1. Some decapitated trees (they only becomes decapitated in certain spots, i have screenies of that glitch)
This issue happen with some GPU if inside a map, an oversized tile is drawn over another tile on the same layer. Some GPU draw the map from a different order than other ones in ManaPlus, so sometimes this error happen.
A tool helps us to track down these issue, but it is pretty long to fix them all when we can't see the bug ourself. :)
Pawneeboy wrote:2. The worse of the 2, I would be playing and at a random time i would see other players and NPCs chest naked and headless and if i proceed into another area the screen would go white and the mobs, players and NPCs would leave trails (like the collision map...and i can't record a screenie when this happens). The only way to fix it is a relog, and 50-50 chance my character will be left stranded on the server.
What is your video mode? (Setting > Video).
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Pawneeboy
Novice
Novice

Post by Pawneeboy »

Normal Opengl, 832x624 resolution, FPs limit on (60 which i guess is default), Fullscreen mode enabled and custom cursor.
I'm John H., Tom Foolery, Dresden (not German), King Fisher, Clay, John Frost and Preacher. :alt-6: :alt-7:
Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

In current version after long play may happened issue.
After client restart it should be fixed.
This is known issue and already fixed for future version.