[DIS] Legion's racism background

Content and general development discussion, including maps, quests, and server code from the development team.
Reid
Developer
Developer

[DIS] Legion's racism background

Post by Reid » 23 Nov 2016, 03:44

The plan for the legion to be racist toward the Raijin race might be pretty hard to add on the current game base that is Evol as we do a have a lot of NPCs that are part of this race on Artis.

Here is the list of NPCs that are from this race.
  • Darlin
  • Katja
  • Salem
  • Serena
  • Kaylo
  • Janus
  • Christopher
  • Leonard
  • Oscar
  • Terry
  • Eugene
  • Carmie
  • Jenna
3 of them are already part of the Legion (they are bolded on the list).
Plus, the Raijin race will be mixed with the Elven one soon©, thus the list will be way longer.

What was the motive behind the racism intend of the Legion?
Is it worth changing half of our NPCs?
Could we point the racism toward another race? (if you say Orc I will have to call Blizzard on you)
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
omatt
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: [DIS] Legion's racism background

Post by omatt » 23 Nov 2016, 08:41

I tought Legion, was something player can join or not. That can be "touchy" for an online community to join a racist crew...
Sorry if i'm wrong, I have not yet managed to understand the story.
WildX
Development Producer
Development Producer

Post by WildX » 23 Nov 2016, 15:36

The non-legion members are okay to stay Raijin. The Legion dislikes Raijin but they do tolerate them. Only the 3 NPCs in bold should be changed.

The reason why the Legion is racist is, quite frankly, for flavour. BUT, the cause for their racism stems from well grounded lore reasons. The Raijin are the result of the Mana War and the recklessness of the human wizards who almost destroyed the world of Gasaron. These wizards became the Raijin, and humanity's grudge carried over to them.
Saulc
Novice
Novice

Post by Saulc » 23 Nov 2016, 17:54

WildX wrote:The non-legion members are okay to stay Raijin. The Legion dislikes Raijin but they do tolerate them. Only the 3 NPCs in bold should be changed.

The reason why the Legion is racist is, quite frankly, for flavour. BUT, the cause for their racism stems from well grounded lore reasons. The Raijin are the result of the Mana War and the recklessness of the human wizards who almost destroyed the world of Gasaron. These wizards became the Raijin, and humanity's grudge carried over to them.
Thanks for information Wildx
I knwo you work on story of new server but is it possible to read it somewhere ? on forum or into story part of the wiki ,
regard
Feel Free to join Moubootaur Legends server now!
ML GitLab
ML Discord
WildX
Development Producer
Development Producer

Post by WildX » 23 Nov 2016, 18:26

I am working on having all the story on GitLab. You can also view the most finished parts on the wiki https://www.themanaworld.org/index.php/Category:Lore
Saulc
Novice
Novice

Post by Saulc » 23 Nov 2016, 20:33

WildX wrote:I am working on having all the story on GitLab. You can also view the most finished parts on the wiki https://www.themanaworld.org/index.php/Category:Lore
thanks a lot i really appreciate to read background story.

Did it might player who choose to play Tritans can get access to an underwater city ?
Nice job :alt-3:
regard
Feel Free to join Moubootaur Legends server now!
ML GitLab
ML Discord
Reid
Developer
Developer

Post by Reid » 28 Nov 2016, 02:35

That lore line will involve some boring dialogue and art changes, if you really want to make it a thing I suggest you to create some dialogue for a good numbers of NPCs (legion and non-legion members), or else it's just a wiki line without any value.

Some NPCs background should be changed, I think mainly of:
- Plush the INN owner (which is a special kind of raijin),
- Fexil the seller that traveled with you to make his dream come true on Artis (the raijin that goes to the raijin-hater-society),
- Some sailors from La Johanne (basically Elmo and Gugli),
- the girl that read a book in the secon floor of the library,
- Oscar the bleacher that lives north of Artis,
- etc...

On the meanwhile I will make the MR for the art part with whoever want to help, but really, limit your creativity to not break the whole world next time. >.>
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
WildX
Development Producer
Development Producer

Post by WildX » 28 Nov 2016, 13:57

Reid wrote:That lore line will involve some boring dialogue and art changes, if you really want to make it a thing I suggest you to create some dialogue for a good numbers of NPCs (legion and non-legion members), or else it's just a wiki line without any value.

Some NPCs background should be changed, I think mainly of:
- Plush the INN owner (which is a special kind of raijin),
- Fexil the seller that traveled with you to make his dream come true on Artis (the raijin that goes to the raijin-hater-society),
- Some sailors from La Johanne (basically Elmo and Gugli),
- the girl that read a book in the secon floor of the library,
- Oscar the bleacher that lives north of Artis,
- etc...

On the meanwhile I will make the MR for the art part with whoever want to help, but really, limit your creativity to not break the whole world next time. >.>
I will add some lines to Legion NPCs, but all of those you listed can stay as they are IMO as they are not members of the Legion.