[FND] Fishing SFX

All aspects of music, audio and sound effects development for all The Mana World projects.

Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

[FND] Fishing SFX

Post by Alige »

Hey guys,
Ledmitz made these lovely sounds for the fishing system currently available in Evol. There are 4 different actions, so 4 different sounds.
  • "Cast" when you swing your fishing rod to throw the bait in the water.
  • "Bite" when a fish bites the bait.
  • "Catch" when you succeed in catching a fish.
  • "Escape" when you pull the bait too late.
Tell us what you think of them so we can add them asap!
Enjoy :D
Attachments
Fishing SFX.zip
(174.34 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: [WIP] Fishing SFX

Post by Ledmitz »

Just perfect! I just LOVE them! :lol:

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

Saulc
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by Saulc »

Waw !!! Congrats this 4 sounds are amazing how do you made it ?
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

I said it in IRC some days ago but I will put it down here so that it doesn't get lost:
- fishing-catch.ogg there are two distinct sound playing in same time, choose one :P
- fishing-escape.ogg imo it doesn't sound like a fish escape sound effect, I don't understand which effect you tried to do with that one.
- fishing-cast.ogg we discussed about it with alige, I like this sfx with that length, alige prefers it to last longer... I don't know what others think about it.
- fishing-bite.ogg that one has a sequence of two sounds, I would prefer that there would be only one sound as it will be played when the player has a touch with his fishing rod. :)
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

MAF-Saulc wrote:Waw !!! Congrats this 4 sounds are amazing how do you made it ?
Thank you Audacity and Freesound. :D
Reid wrote:I said it in IRC some days ago but I will put it down here so that it doesn't get lost:
- fishing-catch.ogg there are two distinct sound playing in same time, choose one :P
- fishing-escape.ogg imo it doesn't sound like a fish escape sound effect, I don't understand which effect you tried to do with that one.
- fishing-cast.ogg we discussed about it with alige, I like this sfx with that length, alige prefers it to last longer... I don't know what others think about it.
- fishing-bite.ogg that one has a sequence of two sounds, I would prefer that there would be only one sound as it will be played when the player has a touch with his fishing rod. :)
Those 4 sounds are definitely not the only ones I made. In the sources directory, there is the 2 original fishing sounds.. they were chimes only. I believe I was asked to add extra sound so i did. fishing-escape... If I were fishing and a fish got away... would I hear a sound? no. there is none.. the fish is underwater. I was asked to do a more realistic escape sound and not just the 2 bass tones. I chose to hear the fish from underwater as that is the only way you would hear anything... unless you want me to put a reel on the rod or a bell on the bobber ... if there is one. I was asked to then make it less bassy sounding. I did that and made it more above water splash-like. fishing-cast has some alts to hear too. They can also be found in the following link. fishing-bite was just one sound originally and I was asked to add more. I don't care which sounds get used, but there are variations of each already. Maybe others can hear too to decide.
Here is the link to all proto sounds.. just look for any fishing ones and check in sources too... those were the originals that i added to.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zu1k3fi7zhq8 ... XsGda?dl=0 :wink:

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

Saulc
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by Saulc »

Ledmitz wrote:
MAF-Saulc wrote:Waw !!! Congrats this 4 sounds are amazing how do you made it ?
Thank you Audacity and Freesound. :D
I already use Audacity its really cool and basic software but i need to try Freesound :alt-9:
thanks
Feel Free to join Moubootaur Legends server now!
ML GitLab
ML Discord
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Sounds updated!
Tell us what you think.
Attachments
Fishing SFX.zip
(68.08 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Not sure how I feel about the jingle in the "catch" sound. I'd personally prefer a more natural sound of just water and fishing rod. Other than that I like it all.

TMW Team member

Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

We wanted to differenciate it from the "escape" sound. The chime makes the player understand he succeeded in catching something.
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

Hi folks... IDK how to check git as I am totally unfamiliar, but I was told these new fishing sounds were updated. I assumed the forum was done, but I didn't see it here so here goes... These are the proposed final sounds.. there are 2 casting sounds contained. IDK if just one will be picked or if it will rotate.
Attachments
fishing-sfx.zip
(142.04 KiB) Downloaded 157 times

Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Pushed and marked and [FND].
Here is a link to the client-data commit:
http://gitlab.com/evol/clientdata/commi ... 2632c10242