Hello!

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Hello!

Post by Bertram »

Hi Evol team!

How have you been all? :)

Best regards,
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Re: Hello!

Post by Reid »

Hey Bertram!
Some of us are quite busy with IRL (wedding, university), but we're still here. :)

How's going your game project?
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Some of us are quite busy with IRL (wedding, university), but we're still here. :)
Wow, wedding? :shock: Some things have indeed happened since the last time I was around. :lol:
How's going your game project?
You might have seen it, but I've released the 0.6 version lately, and many people are making ports
which is a good proof of general interest. :o (I didn't think things would go that fast, sincerely.)

I've now working bit after bits on three main things depending on my spare time and where the wind is putting me:
- Porting VT to SDL2 (and report bugs to SDL) + Now trying to create test case code for them to fix the bug quicker. :geek:
- Moving the Qt map editor out of custom glrendering and use native Qt API (almost done, arg!!!) :ugeek:
This is needed because SDL2 is turning it into a dead thing, and because the current code is rather bad, eh.
- Currently designing the next dungeon on paper + the very first version of the overworld map along with all the details of the next part
of the story. :shock: That's some work...

Apart from that, my game is still a poor two-hours long demo. But I'm working on it. ;)

And about you all? How is university? Who married who? Have you got enough nutella? What is the Evol mascot already? (a piou or a beaver, meh) Did you actually learn to code eA-scripts? Can you lend me your brain so I can make some art? How old is the captain?

Best regards,
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

Bertram wrote:You might have seen it, but I've released the 0.6 version lately, and many people are making ports
which is a good proof of general interest. :o (I didn't think things would go that fast, sincerely.)
Yep I've seen about the 0.6 release, do you plan to add it on the Debian official repository? Or is it already there? :shock:
Apart from that, my game is still a poor two-hours long demo. But I'm working on it. ;)
We're at the same level then!
And about you all? How is university? Who married who? Have you got enough nutella? What is the Evol mascot already? (a piou or a beaver, meh) Did you actually learn to code eA-scripts? Can you lend me your brain so I can make some art? How old is the captain?
University is ok, this semester is a bit hard but I keep hope! Hal9000 is the one who get married, no news from him since some days/weeks, he's in his honeymoon... No comments.
I just did a break of typing to search my pot, and speaking about it, I will need a new one... And I learnt eAthena script! At least, I have no problems now when it comes to do a script.
For the brain it's ok, but just if you give me your one for computer science things. ;)
Best regards,
Croc
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Heya Missy!
Yep I've seen about the 0.6 release, do you plan to add it on the Debian official repository? Or is it already there? :shock:
Ready but not there yet: (I wonder what is blocking btw.)
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg ... log;h=HEAD
We're at the same level then!
Woa wait, Missy! The art amount you've got is far more mature than mine, so I do bet the game quality will be there in time.
Keep rocking! ;) (but the studies first... :P )
University is ok, this semester is a bit hard but I keep hope!
What are the current subjects? Are the classmates and teachers ok, at least?
Hal9000 is the one who get married, no news from him since some days/weeks, he's in his honeymoon... No comments.
What? No comments, ... no crunchy earth-breaking oopses to show us? Awww.
And I learnt eAthena script! At least, I have no problems now when it comes to do a script.
:lol: Everything can happen. 4144 must be so delighted.
For the brain it's ok, but just if you give me your one for computer science things. ;)
What the hell are computer science things?? Does that even exist as a science? One must be crazy to learn that anyway, right?
I bet you don't get it at all, I just type things on my keyboard at random after loading a good C++ IDE with auto-completion.
After a while, when my fingers are warm enough, I just click on the Build button and wait. (Master trick: The build button icon is often represented as a cog. It took me months to figure out...)
I just did a break of typing to search my pot, and speaking about it, I will need a new one...
Eh eh, if one day, you make the mistake to put out publicly your address, I'll send a pack to you. ;)

Croc too and have fun.