Male Player Sprite Set (Quick Fix)

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Hoomda
Peon
Peon

Male Player Sprite Set (Quick Fix)

Post by Hoomda »

Hi all,

I noticed when a melee player is bashing with his back toward you (ie: hitting a creature above him) the transparency is screwy around his head, elbows and knees in a few frames. This is really obvious on a dark background (like in the caves or the mines). I fixed the offending pixels and below is a link to a ZIP file of the repaired PNG file.

For those needing instruction: Simply unzip the file into c:\program files\the mana world\data\graphics\sprites, replacing the old file with the new one (assuming you installed the game to the default folder, and if you didn't, you probably don't need instruction anyway).

The link for the fixed sprite sheet is:

http://vuulf.com/player_male_base.zip
Macroing: Gaming term used to define people trying to overcompensate for being gimp in real life.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Sorry, but that wasn't neccesairy. I noticed it a while ago and fixed it with the original sprites, they have opacity 'n all. I guess I didn't submit it before 0.0.19.

Thanks for contributing anyway. :)
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Ok, I committed my fix to the SVN version... the error was still present there. So next release this issue will be no more. :)
And it is no more in the SVN version ofcourse.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Hoomda
Peon
Peon

Post by Hoomda »

Cool :) I simply deleted the pixels rather than setting the opacity, as I said cheap quick fix ;) I will leave the file there for people who want to stick with the download version of the game and will delete it after the next official release.
Macroing: Gaming term used to define people trying to overcompensate for being gimp in real life.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

I could also put a link here to the new file... but not before I get home, which is sunday.
If any other developer with SVN access reads this before monday they could do it as well.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

• former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
BadMrBox
Warrior
Warrior

Post by BadMrBox »

You know -- when you are attacking an enemy to the right of you -you are righthanded, when the enemy is to your left, you are swinging with your left hand.
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

badmrbox wrote:You know -- when you are attacking an enemy to the right of you -you are righthanded, when the enemy is to your left, you are swinging with your left hand.

Give us ambidexterity.A quick and easy fix. ;)
"I'm selfdestructive baby
But a friendly one" - Spiritual Beggars.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Modanung decided to mirror the left and right animation phases to save time. it was the right decision in my opinion because every additional phase means more work when creating the clothes which also have to be made for every single animation phase.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Ah, that also means that the drawing order of clothing is a bit different. Then there will simply be weapon hand and shield hand, with shield hand drawn behind the character and weapon hand in front. Facing down and up remain special cases.
BadMrBox
Warrior
Warrior

Post by BadMrBox »

Timesaving :). And besides that, people usually tend to want to see as much of the weapon as possible 8).