Graphic

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Graphic

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Graphic Development

Well I think RCC is the most qualified person to be the Art Director of the project.
Last edited by ElvenProgrammer on 05 Jul 2004, 11:33, edited 2 times in total.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Here is what I'm expecting from you.
  • - WEBSITE: It's your job I don't think this should be a problem. You're completely free to customize the web site as you prefer.
  • - LOGO: well it's one of the most important things for starting the game. If you have some ideas post them and we'll choose the best one by a survey...
  • - CLIENT: what has to be done? Icons (small size 16x16 and big size 32x32, 256 colors), small logo, mouse pointers(some sort of sword maybe)
  • - GUI: As many of you noticed the Allegro's gui it's not very nice :shock: so we have 2 solutions: making our own gui routines or using a third party library. At the moment I rebuilt login gui using MASkinG an allegro addon for making skinnable guis. RCC maybe you can take a look at their website and tell me what you think about
  • - GAME: at the moment I'm using ripped graphic from secret of mana, but it's only for development phase when you're ready with other things you should think a little about it and I'll tell you how this has to be done :wink:
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

RCC you were asking for screen resolution, etc...

The client is now 800x600 because I needed more resolution for text, gui and also because in this way there's a bigger visible range.

Fullscreen or Windowed? Doesn't matter. As RO does I think the player should choose the preferred mode in a config dialog.

I'm adding a screenshot about the new gui system in the planning section of the website. Also check links section if you want infos on masking

Please post other questions here. :D
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Something more about game graphic: you should be inspired by "Secret of Mana", "Seiken Densetsu III", "Tales of Phantasia"(my idea for the graphic for this game). Look the web for some screenshot or pm me and ill send you something

Post by Guest »

well ok, i have two selections i have been working on here, either the techy interface or the rpg-ish style which i like more then the techier one, but whichever you guys prefer i will finish it....(meaning there both not done)

http://tutorialforums.com/attachment.ph ... tid=658362 -rpgish style interface

http://tutorialforums.com/attachment.ph ... tid=658364 -techier one i don't like this but it's you're guys opinions that matter

also im wanting to be a mapper on this project :), if its possbile. i haven't made many maps but as i play playerworlds lots i think i could manage..

as for the allegro thing ill look that up right asap, logo will be the next thing on my list and the forum skin, site design ill think of something to add to it atm because i qutie frankly like the current site just needs a bit of rpg chars in it, i have one sprite in the making as well :)
RRC
Novice
Novice

Post by RRC »

that was me by the way :(
Genis
Novice
Novice

Post by Genis »

very cool designs, I personally like the techy shape but the rpg colors, thats just my opinion. Great work on both of them though
RRC
Novice
Novice

Post by RRC »

well im not sure about the techy one as i made the size of it to big so now there is no room for the chat area, unless we make it onscreen chat...

ill wait for more people to comment so i know which one the majority likes..
RRC
Novice
Novice

Post by RRC »

ok, the forum skin is nerve racking, i dislike making that :(, but i have gotten it mainly usable :), bot even close to being done but here is a previe http://cloetick.com/forum/ tell me what you think so far...its in the developement stage :(
-=-=- The Mana World Graphics Designer -=-=-
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

I've seen what you've done. Really nice graphic :D
But we've some little problems:

1- Both the interfaces you made are too big (they cut a big part of the visible range)
2- You created them in realistic style, but the game is somewhat like cartoon or manga so I don't think they could exists together.

It's my fault because I didn't give you the right coordinates for your work.
:arrow: Let's begin now!

It's time to decide wich type of GUI we're using in this game, here are my ideas (I like both of them):

1- Somewhat like essential trasparent interface as in Secret of Mana
2- RO-modular gui system

Please everyone post wich one do you prefer :?:
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

WOW! :D I'm loving the forum skin, when ready I could use it also for the web site. Nice colors and also nice buttons.
Very beautiful logo, but I don't think it will be our logo am I right?

Here are some ideas to improve your work:
- please modify the background of "back to website" it's too light and doesn't look really nice near the blue background
- the buttons are all identical, why don't you put in them some icons, maybe copying the images from the original phpbb skin?

RCC go on this way, you're really working hard for this project and we're all proud of you :D
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

For those who don't know what I'm talking about...

1) Secret of Mana

2) Ragnarok Online

natsuki
Novice
Novice

Post by natsuki »

nice interfaces, i like both but of course it must depend on the
theme of the game^^

the forum i already like too

wow elven you playing ro^^

i think the should gui depend on the overall theme of the game
^^いつも笑顔でもっとよろこび。。^^
-- shimokawa natsuki --
RRC
Novice
Novice

Post by RRC »

main forum skin, is done, just have some minor tweaks to do and it shoule be ready to go http://cloetick.com/forum/ ...
-=-=- The Mana World Graphics Designer -=-=-
Sull
Novice
Novice

Post by Sull »

nice theme
keep the good work RRC