What's wrong with xmas quest? (on "legacy" server)

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

What's wrong with xmas quest? (on "legacy" server)

Post by Hello=) »

This is question to devs/admins of "legacy" server I guess.

It seems xmas quest atm behaves really weird. I've started it, did all the helpers and eventually ran battles, easy and then hard. At this point weirt things started. Server locked up during battle (to be exact, map server did). Not exactly best timing, meh. Then server has been restarted and even more weird things happened.

I've played few more xmas battles and so I've been supposed to get reward from Availa NPC. That's where things gone really wrong. I've delayed it for like a next day. Then once I've entered building, NPC at entrance askdc me to collect lists again.

So from gameplay standpoint it basically like this: I did all parts of quest, spending loads of items. Then my quest state just got totally reset right before I've been supposed to get reward from Availa, what a perfect timing. But hey, its rather unexpected to be able to spend loads of items just to end-up re-doing quest from scratch (spending same items again).

Most funny thing about this? I could swear I've tested this guest like 2 years ago (hello Chay, it has been fun! :D) and I never seen something like this. At first glance I've got my quest bitflags totally reset, but why? And isn't it wrong thing to happen if I had this quest "in-flight"?

Additionally some NPCs now offer me trick and treat dialog while I guess halloween quest is long over. What's going on? I could understand devs probably mostly off to Fusion efforts, but news tell major gameplay bugs are going to be addressed and at first glance it looks like this. Correct me if I'm wrong?
Amarynthus
Novice
Novice

Re: What's wrong with xmas quest? (on "legacy" server)

Post by Amarynthus »

I gather this is "Hello=)"

As explained in the game, the Christmas event opened in December and closed at the start of January. It was done, over, complete. Xmas battles were ceased at that point. If you didn't see Avalia before that time to get your reward you are to late. The event closed.

For some reason, the event *reopened* several weeks alter as if it was currently Christmas 2017. Everyone could restart the quest collecting the lists, turning in items, etc. Everyone has a second chance to complete the event and get the lucky level reward. If you completed it in December and complete the whole thing again now, you can get 2 levels. If you didn't complete it in December you cannot go back in time to finish it (as said above, that quest is over). But you can get another chance to do the quest.

Normally the quest would be completely closed still and you would no longer be able to get your reward from Avalia.

There is a limited time to get the rewards, and you did not complete the quest in that time.

Your concern is like someone who completed the quest in 2014 but never went to see Avalia. And now they are wondering why they can't get their reward from Avalia ... the 2014 quest is done and over. If someone didn't complete the 2014 quest (including seeing Avalia) in 2014, then they are out of luck. Just like if you did not complete the 2016 quest in 2016 (or very early 2017) you are out of luck, *that* quest is over. There is now a new one: Christmas 2017 came early. The wish lists you gathered and items you turned in for Christmas 2016 do not carry over to Christmas 2017.
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: What's wrong with xmas quest? (on "legacy" server)

Post by gumi »

The xmas event was never intended to continue past January 2017 but somehow it got stuck. We tried disabling it by modifying the time variables but that failed. I tried enabling halloween to make the game switch to halloween mode but xmas was still on (hallowen is disabled now).