Ubuntu updating the manaplus client - issues

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Speiros
Novice
Novice
Location: Born in Candor, living as a nomad around Tulimshar and Woodland areas.

Ubuntu updating the manaplus client - issues

Post by Speiros »

Hi.

It appears that by default, the ubuntu apt repository holds the old client (1.6.2.13-1) and won't upgrade automatically. I've used the Ubuntu 16.04.2 version, and 16.04.3, with the same results, namely that both terminal and the GUI show an outdated client as the latest one. I tried following the prompts at http://manaplus.org/ubuntu but this also relies on the package being in the repository.

I had some help with different suggestions, and am going to mess around with it, but if anyone else knows the method to fix this, could you please inform me? Much thanks in advance. :D
Speiros
Novice
Novice
Location: Born in Candor, living as a nomad around Tulimshar and Woodland areas.

Re: Ubuntu updating the manaplus client - issues

Post by Speiros »

Thanks anyway, but that method continues to show the old client as the new one. It won't replace the client, even after downloading it.
Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

Then you skipped some steps from instruction. Try do all steps
Speiros
Novice
Novice

Post by Speiros »

Thanks for that. It appears that the link under Ubuntu doesn't work (manaplus.org/ubuntu), but the one under Ubuntu/Debian does work (manaplus.org/repository). It is now updated. 8)