China holiday / wedding

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

China holiday / wedding

Post by EJlol »

From 16th September I will be on 'holiday' for ~1 month in China. I probably won't have time (or access) to check the forums during that time.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Re: China holiday / wedding

Post by WildX »

Enjoy your time there! :D

TMW Team member

Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

Your wedding?
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

Technically I'm already married, this will be just the party. We will also celebrate the moon cake festival when we are there. If you're interested I might be able to show a few pictures of the wedding later. The wedding should include lion dancers, too many Chinese people, a completely decorated restaurant and some buses to transport all these people to the restaurant...
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

In that case congrats and yes pics are a must!

TMW Team member

Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Enjoy mate, and congratulations! :P
EJlol wrote:a completely decorated restaurant
Damn, I wanna see that, waiting for the pics!
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

Alige wrote:Enjoy mate, and congratulations! :P
EJlol wrote:a completely decorated restaurant
Damn, I wanna see that, waiting for the pics!
Well, alright not completely. That was a little bit too expensive. But you may expect something similar to this i guess:

We do have a different style though, so don't look at these light bulbs, colors etc. The chairs and tables will be done so you don't see the ugly chairs and tables. There will be a small stage (not so big!) including a walkway. There will also be a big TV screen somewhere (my wife said 2 meter by 3 meter) and some other decorations. The floor and ceiling won't be done.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

That's quite fabulous! One day I may also have enough friends to fill a whole restaurant :lol:

TMW Team member

EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

Then you need to make lots and lots of friends. This is one of the rooms in the restaurant:

They have several of those rooms (there are at least 2 other wedding party's at the same time as us when we are there). I guess we will have a smaller room, as there will be only 200 people (20 tables). If you want to fill up the whole restaurant I guess you need to have at least ~1000 friends then. So good luck with making many friends :lol:
Spoiler:
I fill it up with random Chinese people I have never met or seen before. For example the boss (and his family) of my wife's mother is also coming, I have no clue who that is.
Speiros
Novice
Novice
Location: Born in Candor, living as a nomad around Tulimshar and Woodland areas.

Post by Speiros »

Congratulations EJlol. I hope you have an enjoyable holiday and honeymoon, and that you and your partner can settle down well and enjoy married life.
_

Let me help you understand pirate talk.
Arrrr!!! (The letter "R", and any other sentence or emotion imaginable, excepting the following ones); Arrrr!!! (angry "R"); Arrrr!!! (relaxed "Aaahh"); Arrrr!!! ("Man Overboard! Quick! Grab the ropes! Loosen the raft!"); Arrrr!!! ("What a lovely day! Sun shining..."); Arrrr!!! ("Oh no. Looks like more rain. Are our garments dry? Can we stop using them as a secondary sail yet?")