Magic level 3, 4 and 5 roadmap

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
cruderags
Peon
Peon

Re: Magic level 3, 4 and 5 roadmap

Post by cruderags »

Spell: #bliss <name>
Class: level 3 War Magic
Needed Item: White Bell Tuber
Effect: Increase the damage caused by a ally by 40% for 5 minutes - effective on warriors and archers

Spell: #kruit
Class: level 3 Nature (I think - not sure)
Needed Item: Yeti Tear
Effect: Freezes all monsters on current screen for 10 seconds - can't attack monster while frozen, use for escape from mobs
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

cruderags wrote:Spell: #kruit
Class: level 3 Nature (I think - not sure)
Needed Item: Yeti Tear
Effect: Freezes all monsters on current screen for 10 seconds - can't attack monster while frozen, use for escape from mobs
...and also annoy all other players on the screen because they can not continue their current fight until the spell has expired?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
cruderags
Peon
Peon

Post by cruderags »

I think 10 seconds is not much.

If other players would be pissed, then maybe reduce frozen time to 5 seconds.

You have to note that the item needed for this spell is not easy to obtain for low level players and this is level 3 magic, so user must be atleast a half-baked veteran of game.

So I think it is entirely reasonable and a good spell. Other players can heal properly in the break.

This spell will be particularly helpful in a party setting, where a high level player can help train low level players in his/her party.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

I'd like more status effects Players and Mobs could use. I could see them frozen in place, but still able to attack. It would need some code I think to do this with magic.

I do know we have been using https://tmworld.uservoice.com/forums/255809-general to get an idea for new spells.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

wushin wrote:I'd like more status effects Players and Mobs could use.
Would that be possible now?
  • Sleep: Can't move until damage taken.
  • Paralized: Can't move for a short time.
  • Burning: Like poison but can only be healed with a Bottle of Water or #kaflosh (we'd need to change #kaflosh then regarding #ingrav counter and not spellable in caves)
Those are pretty much standard in RPGs.
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Hello=) »

There was one interesting suggestion: force field. Spell can temporarily make some tiles impassable for short period of time. Can be used for advanced defensive strategies to keep some melee/monsters away for limited time or escape when situation is dire. Can be fun if used on bridge or tunnel but not very useful in completely open areas. Though when I took a look at it, there was no good way to do so: as far as I got, server can't dynamically change passability of tiles as far as I know and maps which are implementing something like this are doing it in really hacky ways which are not some blocked tiles internally.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Server used to support a dynamic "ice wall" effect, so it's theoretically possible.

That code was gutted when I removed all the unusable skills though.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
willee
Peon
Peon

Post by willee »

any change to existing spells?
Serene
Newly Registered User

Post by Serene »

I had a few ideas, Particularly for the Dark Path.

#bluflm
Dark Fire spell that does lets say.. 400-600 and is about the same speed as flar
uses batwings? or bat teeth?
#drklit
Dark version of ingrav attacks a slight bit slower but does more damage? or could be faster with less
lets say the lightning would be purple?
uses iron?

Perhaps instead of these being new spells they could just be different depending on path, like Bluflm would replace flar and drklit for ingrav.

#spikshld
Like betsanc, but damages them when they hit you.
uses Hard Spikes?
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

o11c wrote:Server used to support a dynamic "ice wall" effect, so it's theoretically possible.

That code was gutted when I removed all the unusable skills though.
Well we do need dynamically allot-able collision. We have also been talking about multiple collision types forever.

I do like the direction all the spell suggestions are taking. These appear to be a default set one would typically find in games. Good Brain storming.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Archive

Post by gumi »

The Magic Level 3 uservoice board has been archived since the new game engine does not use the Legacy spell engine (magic-v3). All spells on Hercules will instead be active skills, and those will not exclusively be magic skills (so you'll have active skills for archers and warriors too). If there's a need in the future we could create a board for skill suggestions but for now I'm closing the magic level 3 board.

I have archived here the suggestions with most votes from the board:

Vampiric Strike
suggested by Toxicodendron
Dark Magic
Takes health from a mob and gives a percentage of that health to you.

Fire Ball
suggested by ???
War Magic
Attacks all monsters in line of sight with devastating Fire element damage.

Resurrect, Sacrifice
suggested by Wushin
https://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtop ... =4&t=19266

Summon Cursed Fire Skull
suggested by Chapart
Dark Magic
Summons a Cursed Fire Skull (same as Fire Skull, but lower power)

Summon Cursed Poison Skull
suggested by Chapart
Dark Magic
Summons a Cursed Poison Skull (same as Poison Skull, but lower power)

Quick Dash
suggested by ???
Astral Magic
Flings you in the direction you are facing 7 tiles or so, the objective being to get you past mobs. It could even do a bit of damage to mobs you fly through

Mana Shield
suggested by Chapart
Life Magic
While the effect lasts, you will loose Mana instead of Hp until your Mana drops to 0.

Knockback
suggested by ???
Nature Magic
Knocks back all monster in line of sight. It has a small delay and low mana cost, so you can cast it frequently but after casting it, you can't attack for a few seconds.

Pacify
suggested by ???
Astral Magic
This spell is the opposite of the Aggravate (#itenplz) spell. Once cast, mobs will ignore you for a limited period of time. Does not work if the mob is already targeting you. Can not be used in protected maps (ie Candor, Illia) or on bosses

Chain Lightning
suggested by gumi
War Magic
Fires a lightning arc that attacks the closest monster (if in attack range), then chains to 2 other monsters, in order, in attack rage. Leveling up in the school of this spell would chain 1 more time (3). The range depends on m.atk