"Thanks pateame", dammit.

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

"Thanks pateame", dammit.

Post by Hello=) »

If someone got trouble logging in to TMW - you know whom to say your thanks. That little kidiot pateame, who can't control his destructive attitude even single bit, who proven to be one of these pests who give word "hacker" negative meanding. So it seems TOR, many VPNs and probably more are banned, thanks to all that cool attitude.

Btw, it took me plenty of efforts to persuade TMW devs to unblock tor, so privacy-aware players, advanced networkers, Linux geeks, China users and somesuch can have fun in TMW. Yet thanks to that little kidiot it seems it no longer a case - once again. Thanks dear pateame.

ps.s if someone still not got idea, I'm unable to log it to TMW thanks to all these funny measures. Unlike pateame I haven't attacked anythng though. So I've got retribution for pateame being jerk. And it seems I can't find some other players I knew and valued, so they followed my fate as well. Great.
Because someone is still being a jerk and flooding the server with bogus login requests we blocked a huge set of ip addresses and subnets.
Further mitigation is being undertaken and hopefully everything should be sorted out soon.

This is not a security issue, just an annoyance.
We are sorry if this affects legitimate users, we know you're paying for the actions of others, and that's not nice :/
On side note... server seems to be rather empty as the result of all these funny measures. Yesterday there was like 20 players and it was fun. Now it looks like deserted ruins with few bots and 1-2 occasional players. Nice shot.
l00frew0p
Peon
Peon

Re: "Thanks pateame", dammit.

Post by l00frew0p »

You're welcome!
In your free times, this book can help you overcome anxiety

https://www.amazon.com/Addiction-Recove ... 0764576259
Pawneeboy
Novice
Novice

Post by Pawneeboy »

Yes thank you pateame for making what little fun I gain from playing and interacting with people worldwide a whole lot harder.....You might be right about "Some" people that has a gaming addiction, but I truly believe this is a small minority, You see I tend to work a lot so I would like to come home to my computer and have a LITTLE fun, So PLEASE no more teaching sensei :x :alt-=:
I'm John H., Tom Foolery, Dresden (not German), King Fisher, Clay, John Frost and Preacher. :alt-6: :alt-7:
TheManaWorld
Peon
Peon

Post by TheManaWorld »

This dude is mad, when we were almost having more than 30 onlineplayers thourought the whole day :alt-4:
let me be your ⛈️
AnonDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by AnonDuck »

The excitement is bringing old people back to play :P
Head of the TMW Illuminati
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

MadCamel wrote: 04 Jan 2019, 19:55 The excitement is bringing old people back to play :P
We should start staging fake drama for attention. Quick, go rogue and take us down!

TMW Team member

Pawneeboy
Novice
Novice

Post by Pawneeboy »

WildX wrote: 04 Jan 2019, 19:57
MadCamel wrote: 04 Jan 2019, 19:55 The excitement is bringing old people back to play :P
We should start staging fake drama for attention. Quick, go rogue and take us down!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm John H., Tom Foolery, Dresden (not German), King Fisher, Clay, John Frost and Preacher. :alt-6: :alt-7:
TheManaWorld
Peon
Peon

Post by TheManaWorld »

Well this isnt cool many friends of mine are no longer able to login :x
let me be your ⛈️
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

They are yet a child. One day they may contribute to something useful. Till then they will execute all they are able to, whether they should or not, just because they can. The bot messages showed their age and attacking an old vulnerability on a server that is deprecated shows they didn't even have anything to prove. They did it, just because they could and felt like doing it. I'd like to think some hacker taught us all a great lesson, but I can't find one. Just another person that cares more about destroying than creating. Creating is harder to do and takes more time. I guess you were frustrated at some point when making bots, pateame?

I had hoped that the bots would be used for some special, nicer purpose

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

l0OfrewO0p
Peon
Peon

Post by l0OfrewO0p »

I'm not a hacker, not a developer anymore. Yes, I'm a child and I'm proud of it, I follow my curiosity and learn new stuff everyday.
Bot's army was just and experiment to matrix display figures and letter and were succesful on it.
Now TMW doesn't have anything to teach me, so I make public most of the exploits I got before I left to promote fixing by force.

Longjohn, herbagressor, packer, bunny, finlizard, fatgoblin, centaur, mounting mobs, savannah village, manadragon, snakelord. I made all those stuff but TMW never used it, so I deleted all. Sorry for being a bad developer.

More post to move to the flamewar? "This is not a harsh reality discussion forum"
Micksha
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Micksha »

Hey, just wondering if you didnt hear the call? The project is to be ported to Hercules, with the purpose to get rid of outdated eAthena and, more important, with the purpose of adding much of the never used cool stuff to make this a big project again, interesting for everybody and acting as platform for players as well as for contributors and people willing to help.
Speaking for myself, I try to use as much as possible of the stuff that was done and never used during all the years. The team is open to everybody who is willing to contribute - as long as we are capable we want to use everything people are preparing, as long as the people being active in dev agree on that. There are not put any obstacles like single persons saying "I dont like it, forget it". ofc the base of the project is discussion and in best case productive teamwork.

I am pretty new to all this, but I was able to put a lot of things I prepared into the game already, I am also learning new things every day. I am sure you could help alot, you could teach me (and the others) alot, and I think its a mess all the things you mentioned are deleted now we are ready to implement them.

Anyhow, creating is way harder than destroying, creating requires conversation, discussion, accepting different positions and all this (it seems to be quite hard in worldwide politics too nowadays, especially for states calling themselves democracy).

My dream was, and is, to show that a bunch of very very different people who dont even know each other can create something great, open for everybody and bringing some fun to many.
TheManaWorld
Peon
Peon

Post by TheManaWorld »

Its not late pateame, hermano! I think you should try to forget the past and all join in peace.
Even platyna i think she would be a great asset to the team, lets just stop fighting! :alt-6:
let me be your ⛈️
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

pateame, our story isn't so different. I was very frustrated. I have made over 100 sets of sounds now and yet nothing added to TMW. I left for a while because of it. When I came back a lot of things had changed. People change too. I do understand your plight. I am also pretty sure some of your art, I have collected here for use with a map on hercules. The original Savanna set was one of my favourite sets. I was astounded that it had not been used. I assure you that it was not included simply due to some power click Chocolate Cupcake that used to go on here, but luckily seems to have dissipated now. There are few devs, but there are many new ideas and possibilities. I have been trying to use as much unused stuff as I can, including my own. My game experience is much different than most players, since I use custom sounds and other tweaks here. I even have a custom update site and yet, hardly any feedback, though it is so simple for someone to try. Gumi helped me to setup a git site so that things could get used from it, but nothing has been added to TMW yet. Evol added a few of my sounds though. Because there are so few people working on TMW/Evol, it makes for a lot of work moving old items before making many new ones, so it is still frustrating and monotonous, but if there were more of us, this place could get a kickstart in a new direction.

I agree with others here. Wish you would dev again. Your work could finally be used if enough of us want it to happen.

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Micksha wrote: 05 Jan 2019, 18:44 Hey, just wondering if you didnt hear the call? The project is to be ported to Hercules, with the purpose to get rid of outdated eAthena and, more important, with the purpose of adding much of the never used cool stuff to make this a big project again, interesting for everybody and acting as platform for players as well as for contributors and people willing to help.
A lot of people seem more focused on problems than solutions.

TMW Team member

SudoPlatypus
Novice
Novice

Post by SudoPlatypus »

TheManaWorld wrote: 05 Jan 2019, 18:48 Its not late pateame, hermano! I think you should try to forget the past and all join in peace.
Even platyna i think she would be a great asset to the team, lets just stop fighting! :alt-6:
For what it is worth, loved your bunny mob.

Would be good to see old wounds heal. And see old faces around again.
Last edited by SudoPlatypus on 15 Jan 2019, 05:30, edited 1 time in total.
The Mouboo was. The Mouboo is. The Mouboo ever shall be. Drop candies and rejoice.
Most leveled character: Qwerty Dragon is 99