Hope this is the right area.

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Moebird
Peon
Peon

Hope this is the right area.

Post by Moebird »

Micksha wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 13:34
. . feel free to hang around on our test server, see whatever is available there, and give feedback on IRC (#evol-dev). Also you can contact us from test server, just use the #irc tab in chat window.
Hi Mick!

Well done to you and your partners. I am doing as you suggest, and wondering if there is a way to know if something is "right".

I used "the #irc tab in chat window." trying to ask and waited over 90 minutes without feedback. That is info, not a complaint.

respectfully,
Moebird
Micksha
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Re: Hope this is the right area.

Post by Micksha »

Hi Moebird,

the respond time in IRC is always an issue - we are not many active devs right now, and due to worldwide timeshifts it can take several hours before you get response (if you are lucky and someone is online right away, normally there is instant response, though).

If it was "Not Me" reporting the knife issue - I just changed it to lvl1, I think there was something wrong.

Yours,
-Mick
Moebird
Peon
Peon

Post by Moebird »

Micksha wrote: 19 Jan 2019, 07:47 Hi Moebird,

the respond time in IRC is always an issue - we are not many active devs right now, and due to worldwide timeshifts it can take several hours before you get response (if you are lucky and someone is online right away, normally there is instant response, though).

If it was "Not Me" reporting the knife issue - I just changed it to lvl1, I think there was something wrong.

Yours,
-Mick
Thanks! Hard to know if something was meant to be that way or a bug. Thanks for the quick fix!

Back from trying again. Will the server need a restart for this? Right now I am getting the same thing.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

If you're looking to get a response from a specific person, a forum PM should do the trick. I always answer my PMs daily (not that I get them daily, I'm not that popular).

TMW Team member

Moebird
Peon
Peon

Post by Moebird »

"Author of the improvement will mostly ask for her/his prefferred way to report. Mainly it should be a [Test] Topic in the feedback section of the Forum, but some may prefer some different ways." From: https://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php ... ing_Server

Except that I have no way to know who is the Author, or if it was a bug. So the Support part was what i wanted from anyone in the "Support and Bug reports". Yes, I did reply to him, but if anyone else has an answer, they can tell me. I am not thinking that Mick is the only one that can answer this, nor do i want to add to his load.

I even ask you and got no feedback,

Moebird
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

I think you misunderstood. I was just giving some advice to get around IRC waiting times, it seems like you're taking it as a personal attack.

EDIT: The wiki is out of date, we have a tester reports section under content development. (This is also not an attack just informing people)

TMW Team member

Moebird
Peon
Peon

Post by Moebird »

WildX wrote: 19 Jan 2019, 19:06 If you're looking to get a response from a specific person, a forum PM should do the trick.
That response was meant was meant to say i asked for help from everyone and anyone. So your help did not, as i had no clue on who to ask.

Sorry you misunderstood again. :D
Moebird
Peon
Peon

Post by Moebird »

WildX wrote: 19 Jan 2019, 23:12
EDIT: The wiki is out of date, we have a tester reports section under content development. (This is also not an attack just informing people)
Thanks! That did help, sort of. That out of date Wiki seems to say testers are are selected. That I am not. Or not directly anyway.

Oh, and i don't think you you are attacking me. I do think you are trying to be helpful, but ...
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

I'll update the wiki and information on testing on the forums today, stay tuned. :)

TMW Team member

Moebird
Peon
Peon

Post by Moebird »

WildX wrote: 20 Jan 2019, 13:22 I'll update the wiki and information on testing on the forums today, stay tuned. :)
Read "[README] How to use this section" and find it very unfriendly. You label people, and if they dont fit that label(in their minds anyway), then this section is not for them. Talked to two others and they too feel they would not be welcome to post there either, if the found something wrong on the test server.

[TEST]: For developers looking . . .

[BUG]: For testers encountering . . .

What about the rest of us?

(not an attack, i just say what i feel )
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

It's the tester report section, there are tags to help idenify developers' needs and reporters' reports. Friendly chat can be had in Player Talk, Off Topic or many other places depending on context.

I don't know what you mean by "labeling people", I haven't done that. You don't have to "fit the label" of tester if you don't want to, but you created this thread because of issues you had while testing, so I don't understand why you now feel offended at being called a tester. Who is "the rest of us"? If your post doesn't fit a label but you feel it belongs in that section then:
WildX wrote: 20 Jan 2019, 14:18 Any questions or discussions about testing, the test server, or this section should be posted in the section, untagged.

TMW Team member

Moebird
Peon
Peon

Post by Moebird »

WildX wrote: 20 Jan 2019, 16:38
You don't have to "fit the label" of tester if you don't want to, but you created this thread because of issues you had while testing, so I don't understand why you now feel offended at being called a tester. Who is "the rest of us"? If your post doesn't fit a label but you feel it belongs in that section then:
Hmmm. I guess i dont like it as i was not there to test anything, but more as a tourist. A normal player. Since i was not there for to test anything, i am/was not a tester. I would done it this way to cover everybody:

[BUG]: For Anyone encountering a bug on the test server and wanting to report it. For bugs on the live server use the Bug reports section instead.
WildX wrote: 20 Jan 2019, 14:18 Any questions or discussions about testing, the test server, or this section should be posted in the section, untagged.
This part was fine and would have helped me, i agree. :D
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

I said tester meaning anyone on the test server, as I assume they're there to test. If this is confusing because of the "tester" forum group then I'll change the wording. Anyone can be a tester by simply testing.
Moebird wrote: 20 Jan 2019, 17:13
This part was fine and would have helped me, i agree. :D
It was there from the beginning.

TMW Team member

Moebird
Peon
Peon

Post by Moebird »

WildX wrote: 20 Jan 2019, 18:00 I said tester meaning anyone on the test server, as I assume they're there to test. If this is confusing because of the "tester" forum group then I'll change the wording. Anyone can be a tester by simply testing.
/quote

Micksha Said, "feel free to hang around on our test server, see whatever is available there."