Grey Dye [EDIT] & Brown Dye

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Do you want Grey or Brown Dye added to the game?

Poll ended at 03 Mar 2019, 23:44

Yes, Grey Dye
No votes
Yes, Brown Dye
No votes
Yes, Grey and Brown Dye
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 8
+seeds
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Grey Dye [EDIT] & Brown Dye

Post by +seeds »

I was thinking about creating a yeti outfit, then realized there is no Grey Dye.
Why is there no Grey Dye? Every other colour needed is in the game, except this one. :?

[EDIT]
There is also no Brown Dye :alt-4:
Characters: +seeds, +plants, +roots, +leaves, many others :alt-3:
Live long and prosper :wink:
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Re: Grey Dye [EDIT] & Brown Dye

Post by WildX »

New colours aren't too difficult to add AFAIK. I don't think it's worth adding to tmwAthena but grey and brown on Hercules might be possible. It would be up to Micksha, I'm abstaining from voting until I hear what he says.

TMW Team member

Micksha
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Micksha »

We can add a million dyes if you wish, however I feel we already have many many. There are two different brown cotton dyes (light and dark brown), a silver cotton dye (which looks grey imo) and a black cotton dye (which looks very dark grey imo). Also there is a brown cashmere dye. For now, I think we are fine - at least on the project. On legacy, once I have a few minutes I will discuss with gumi if it is worth the effort. However you are always welcome to prepare a pull request.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Ok this makes sense. Hercules seems well equipped with colours, as for Legacy as always it's up to whoever wants to take it on and do it themselves. Thanks.

TMW Team member

+seeds
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by +seeds »

I was talking about adding dyes to the Legacy server :alt-3:
If I wanted to make the grey and brown dyes for the Legacy server, would I just have to make the graphics?
I know I'd have to figure out a cost for Rauk, too.
Characters: +seeds, +plants, +roots, +leaves, many others :alt-3:
Live long and prosper :wink:
Micksha
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Micksha »

Hey +seeds,
in the project it would just be adding a color to be inserted to the dyeable items.
In Legacy it is a bit more complicated, you would have to add an additional item for every piece of cloth you would want to have colored grey. That is, for example, add a new item to /tmwa-server-data/client-data/items/equip-torso, something like item[id]_GreyCottonShirt.xml, then add this to /tmwa-server-data/client-data/items/equip-torso/item_db_chest.txt and, for dying, add the dye and recipe to Rauk and add something to Selim. I cannot help much with this as I am not into Legacy code very much. To realize this you would have to dig coding system and make sure you change all relevant files.
Sorry this is not of much help :(
Yours,
- Mick