The official server flamewar topic

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Re: The official server flamewar topic

Post by blackrazor »

@Platyna I understand that a great injustice was done to you, and certainly it is your right to deal with it as you see fit.

Personally, I find it soulful to forgive, but never forget. In that context, if it were me, I would not want to combine and join their ranks, never again to work with these people in the future, because I would always have to watch my back. That's the "never forget" part. But I would want to move on, leave the baggage behind, and not have on my ledger any chance that the game had future troubles from any choices I made. Even if it made only one player happier in this world, that is still one greater than zero. So I would just give it to them, and whatever they do with it, that's on them. I would be unshackled from it, that's the whole point of forgiveness; I do it for myself, not them. It's not like I'll do anything with it in the future, so why not? That's the forgiveness part.

But hey, that's just me. You need to do what works best for you.

P.S. It's good they made a tax exempt corporation, because corporations can own things, just like people. TMW Project 501(c)(3) can own the non-GPL portions of the MORPG, the parts that cannot be GPL, specifically the Domain Name and the Data Files (output of the software iteration(s) used by the development team). That way, no individual will own them, and it will by unambiguous in the future what belongs to TMW Project. It is better to have clarity, it saves a lot of grief.
Last edited by blackrazor on 06 Mar 2019, 00:11, edited 1 time in total.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

No individual owns TMW right now. We already have a similar arrangement as what you suggest. For the last time:
NO INDIVIDUAL PERSON OWNS THE MANA WORLD.

TMW Team member

blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Post by blackrazor »

WildX wrote: 06 Mar 2019, 00:08 No individual owns TMW right now. We already have a similar arrangement as what you suggest. For the last time:
NO INDIVIDUAL PERSON OWNS THE MANA WORLD.
Awesome. Too bad it doesn't apply retroactively. If only time travel existed. Sadly, this isn't Star Trek.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

[2013-01-21 03:07:26] 009-1.gat(58,41) Platyna(2004123) : @broadcast I am hosting this server six years...just to learn (from a developer) that I am harmful because I do not let developers be GMs! Ha!

her words, not mine!
Host, not owner .... same year she was fired.
Prsm
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Post by blackrazor »

prsm wrote: 06 Mar 2019, 00:15 [2013-01-21 03:07:26] 009-1.gat(58,41) Platyna(2004123) : @broadcast I am hosting this server six years...just to learn (from a developer) that I am harmful because I do not let developers be GMs! Ha!

her words, not mine!
Host, not owner .... same year she was fired.
Prsm
People say and write silly, incomplete, or "out of context" things all the time. Especially when it's not their first language, but even so, regardless. That's why there exists contracts and licenses. You need to pay attention to those, unlike every time you shoot off your mouth or keyboard. Show me the contract.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

so once again, Blackrazor, who hasnt played the game in years, who says he is here to help is
willing to over look the typed word (and typed by Platyna).

You ignored every post by Nech

You ignored every post by Freeyorp.

You supplied conjecture and theory, you never showed a post that showed ownership!
Everyone showed post that showed lack of, and you ignored it.

TMWC keeps every forum post, look for it, and if you don't trust this forum, check Platynas if you will.

You lack substance, and relish conspiracy!

Prsm
blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Post by blackrazor »

prsm wrote: 06 Mar 2019, 00:28 so once again, Blackrazor, who hasnt played the game in years, who says he is here to help is
willing to over look the typed word (and typed by Platyna).

You ignored every post by Nech

You ignored every post by Freeyorp.

You supplied conjecture and theory, you never showed a post that showed ownership!
Everyone showed post that showed lack of, and you ignored it.

TMWC keeps every forum post, look for it, and if you don't trust this forum, check Platynas if you will.

You lack substance, and relish conspiracy!

Prsm
Show me the contract.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

You havent shown any forum posts to show ownership, did you give up,
or like Platyna is English your second language.

Prsm
blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Post by blackrazor »

prsm wrote: 06 Mar 2019, 00:37 You havent shown any forum posts to show ownership, did you give up,
or like Platyna is English your second language.

Prsm
I did quote the GPL details. GPL is a contract that applies, in the absence of another. Forum posts are not a contract. Show me the contract., if you have one that states otherwise.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

irrelavant, and you know that, we have countless post showing Platyna
resigned, quit, walked away, was afk was just a host!

If you want me to jump through hoops, you need to do better.

So far you haven't done that. All the forum posts are here, they follow the ownership!
Or lack there of.

I know you wont believe this, you are here to rock the boat! Now do your best Tom Cruise and
ask me again to "Show you The Money", oops I mean show you the contract.

Prsm

and ftr, no contract works against Platyna also, since she can't prove ownership, since she never owned the game.
in other words, I will show you our contract, when you show me Platynas from the group that held power before her.
blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Post by blackrazor »

prsm wrote: 06 Mar 2019, 00:48 irrelavant, and you know that, we have countless post showing Platyna
resigned, quit, walked away, was afk was just a host!

If you want me to jump through hoops, you need to do better.

So far you haven't done that. All the forum posts are here, they follow the ownership!
Or lack there of.

I know you wont believe this, you are here to rock the boat! Now do your best Tom Cruise and
ask me again to "Show you The Money", oops I mean show you the contract.

Prsm

and ftr, no contract works against Platyna also, since she can't prove ownership, since she never owned the game.
in other words, I will show you our contract, when you show me Platynas from the group that held power before her.
GPL contract, which I quoted, says she owned the data on Platinum, unless you have another contract proving otherwise. From all the meaningless noise and obfuscation emanating from your fingertips, I'm guessing you don't have such a document. The emperor has no clothes.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

so you cant provide the contract that showed ownership before platinum,
you want us to provide something you can not, you do know she wasn't the original host?

By your words she needs a contract to take the data to her server, law 101

ooops

Since she didn't own the data she put on platinum (you failed to provide a contract per GPL)
How can you argue she owns it on Platinum. Your argument is flawed.

my post did not include insults!

Prsm
blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Post by blackrazor »

prsm wrote: 06 Mar 2019, 01:11 so you cant provide the contract that showed ownership before platinum,
you want us to provide something you can not, you do know she wasn't the original host?

By your words she needs a contract to take the data to her server, law 101

ooops

Since she didn't own the data she put on platinum (you failed to provide a contract per GPL)
How can you argue she owns it on Platinum. Your argument is flawed.

my post did not include insults!

Prsm
In the absence of another contract stating otherwise, ownership of output data under the GPL contract defaults to the person running the game on the machine under their sole jurisdiction. Since there is no other contract circa 2013 or earlier, except GPL, the only contract I need to prove my point is the GPL. I'm sorry that reality is such an inconvenience for you.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

FAILURE, you want us to provide what you can not.

if she owned the data, as per you, she would have this GPL contract that you are requesting from us.
You cant have it both ways!

oh, and ftr

The only person on either the GHP or TMWC that requested special items , was Platyna!

She wanted a crown, a dress and a lab coat ..... The rest of us wanted what was best for the game.

So BlackRazor, man up and show us the contract that Platyna had when she took "ownership" on Platinum!
Your rules, when you provide said contract, i will resign and fade away. Win win for you.

You set the standard, now follow it.

and if you don't post said contract, you failed

Still no insults.

Prsm
blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Post by blackrazor »

prsm wrote: 06 Mar 2019, 01:31 FAILURE, you want us to provide what you can not.

if she owned the data, as per you, she would have this GPL contract that you are requesting from us.
You cant have it both ways!

oh, and ftr

The only person on either the GHP or TMWC that requested special items , was Platyna!

She wanted a crown, a dress and a lab coat ..... The rest of us wanted what was best for the game.

So BlackRazor, man up and show us the contract that Platyna had when she took "ownership" on Platinum!
Your rules, when you provide said contract, i will resign and fade away. Win win for you.

You set the standard, now follow it.

and if you don't post said contract, you failed

Still no insults.

Prsm
GPL is the license under which TMW game is filed. You can get your own copy to read at the Free Software Foundation. Under GPL, the licence which defines TMW's copyleft by its own choice, the presumption of ownership of output from GPL software defaults to the person running the software on a machine under their sole jurisdiction, and is copyrighted to that person. You can have a contract stating special circumstances to override this, for example, a 501(c)(3) formally owning said data output, but sadly, no such contract existed at that time. Everything else you quote is irrelevant. This is why contracts are important. Didn't your mommy or daddy teach you this? Mine did.