[Bug] App force closes

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
HaloNott

[Bug] App force closes

Post by HaloNott »

[AND] = Android

Android 8.1.0
Manaplus and version 1.9.3.23
Nokia 3

Bug Description:
When I try to open the app it closes after.

Steps to Reproduce:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... s&hl=en_US
Simply install? It seems to also happen for other mobile types too.
Pawneeboy
Novice
Novice

Re: [Bug] App force closes

Post by Pawneeboy »

You might need to give the app permission to access storage, thats what I had to do on android
I'm John H., Tom Foolery, Dresden (not German), King Fisher, Clay, John Frost and Preacher. :alt-6: :alt-7:
HaloNott

Post by HaloNott »

It worked. I can now open the app.

There is a bug where the keyboard covers most of the screen with no way to close it.

I switched windows to write this, I think it's stuck on tmw.zip (0%) when I returned it is showing only a black screen.

I reopened it and it works. Keyboard filled the window. I figured out later that back key works. Still pops up if I chat though. :alt-9:

I strongly advise putting this in portrait view. Maybe add the icons on top in a scroll lol. :mrgreen:

Also a tutorial would be good.
Pawneeboy
Novice
Novice

Post by Pawneeboy »

One more thing before I forget it, If you have a issue of the space key & enter key not working, goto the app store and get a alternate keyboard, I'd recommend SwiftKey :D
I'm John H., Tom Foolery, Dresden (not German), King Fisher, Clay, John Frost and Preacher. :alt-6: :alt-7:
HaloNott

Post by HaloNott »

Thank you! :mrgreen:

I found the back key(previous window back arrow of device) works to close the gboard(Google keyboard). Enter and space-bar work fine. :alt-3: